Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
hi we stay on victoria court 1 and have done for some years now we know people who stay on vicky 2 and they are nice apartments as vicky 1 is there are plenty of eating place close by and not far from the front and sunday market
i hope this helps
Joe,

We have stayed in Vicky 2 but now, more by habit, we always go back to VC1. Both are pretty much Brit occupied, VC1 has a 'homely' feel about it and we always have a great time. I'm sure this is the same for Vicky2.

VC2 is only a short walk up the hill and there is a supermarket very close by - just across the road. The bin men do start work early and depending where you are you may hear them - they do not do their job quietly !

Like Vicky 1 you pay for the poolside sunbeds / parasols that are provided. If you want to meet the person who takes the money, the quickest way is to take your own parasol with you from the UK and place it in one of the parasol bases around the pool !

CJB
hi all i have just found this forum and its great, i have just booked to stay at victoria court ll through an agent in tenerife called holiday-rentals / sunseekers, has anyone heard of this company,as i have yet to post my cheque and i was a little concerned that i have got to post the cheque to what appears to be a private address in england. this is the first time we have booked independantly, we have always stayed in the noelis sur, so any advice would be appriciated
many thanks
Hi Sam
Welcome to the forum. I haven't heard of these people, but the fact that you have to post your cheque to a private address in England is quite normal. Hundreds of people from the UK rent out their foreign properties & manage it themselves, (including us).
How did you find this firm, do they have a website?
Nigel
Hi Sam,
Don"t know if you have been to VC 2 before but if not you will love it, we go every year ( more than once! ). Seem to recall one of the first times we went we used this company. If it is the same company, we dealt with a lady called Arlene who was very helpful. The apartment was in good order and well positioned and the rental process went fine. As I say , if this is the same company, you should have no worries, just start looking forward to your holiday.
Hope this helps,
Gordon.
thanks for all your good advice, yes gordon we have booked through a lady called arlene so i'm happy now that you have and all went ok, we have friends who stayed in vic 2 and we popped to see them, it looks great. me and my husband are going 7th april for a week on our own as our son is going to italy with the school for 10 days, so we are having a second honeymon !
many thanks again to you both for resonding
sam
sorry, yes nigel they have a site called holiday-rentals.com
If it is THIS ONE then it is a very similar site to direct lettings which I use to advertise on & owners direct.
As all the apartments are privately owned you should get a much better standard of apartment & furniture than the ones that the tour operators use.
Hope you have a good stay!
thanks nigel, yes thats the one, i feel much happier now
cheers
sam
Hi Sam38, there will be a Guinness waiting for you at the Irish Welcome! :glynis

Arona1 x
I own an apartment in Victoria Court 1 which is just round the corner and prefer it better though i would say that i am slightly biased :lol:

Check it out while you are there and post back which one you think is the better one
hi arona1 !!!!
as if i cant guess who you are ha ha, i'll have more than 1 guiness in the irish welcome, i'll need several to listen to you sing all night, see ya april 7th with no child in tow yipeeeeeeeee, arn't i awful, but i bet he will have a fab time in italy than been stuck with his old mam and dad in tenerife
x :lol: :fly
Hi Sam

Holiday rentals are quite a reputable advertising agent and as an equivelant to the one I use, Holiday Lettings, they have no involvement in the actual booking of the apartment they are purely there to host a web site for
owners , like myself, to advertise their properties. I am sure you will have no problems in booking through them.

Regards

Peter
Hi Can anyone please help, I am surfing the web trying to book a 2 bedroom apartment in Los Cristianos for 5 adults - sea view/near to the sea would be ideal but not essential.

I have found one Victoria Court 2 - anyone any comments about this? Looking at the photos the interior looks a little old?

We are looking at going in August

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Carol

Please do not post any further posts in bold type or they will be deleted. See rules of posting number three.
Bold type to be used only to highlight a point not the whole post.

Thanks.
allmen
Hi Carol,
Victoria Court 2 is a great complex and i"m sure you would enjoy it. As for the 2 bedroom I can"t comment as we have only stayed in a 1 bedroom apartment, and although they all have the same basic layout, there can be quite a difference as regards to furnishings etc. depending on how the owners want them done. We have stayed in 3 or 4 different apartments and never been dissapointed so I don"t think you would be taking much of a chance if you decided to go for it. But at the end of the day it is down to how you feel about it. Hope you get sorted.
Regards,
Gordon.
I am also looking for an apartment to rent in Los Cristianos. I have read that Victoria Court 2 charges for use of sunbeds by pool - about 2 euros per sunbed per day! I have never come across this before, and must admit it puts me off!
Thanks for your replies - Gordan thank you for your comments I know what you are saying about furnishings - not too worried about how basic they are as long as they are clean etc. - will probably go for it - can i please ask something else our party consists of me and my husband two 16 years old girls and an 18 year old lad - is this a suitable resort for them? :)

Further to the comment on sunbeds around the pool being charged for is this right? - I agree this is unusual?

Thanks again

Carol
Carol,
I think VC 2 would suit your family well. What you have to remember is that as a private complex, all the apartments are let privately or have the owners resident. This creates a community spirit and a mutual respect for each other. Can"t comment on what it is like in the peak summer months as we tend to visit either springtime or winter but we have never been disturbed of a night with any rowdiness or the like. If you are on your balcony late on you will hear people coming in and having a talk because it is quiet but once they close their door, that is it. There is a bar and restaurant on the complex which is open till 12.30 am in the winter, might be a bit later in the summer months, but I could"nt be definite.
As for the sunbeds, yes they do charge 2 euros for them and also if you want an umbrella, but as said earlier, it is a private complex and this money presumably helps with the community charges of the owners. You will find a few private complexes make this charge.
Hope this helps,
Gordon.
P.S. Lanzafan, sorry, sunbed info for you as well.
Hi Gordan - thanks again for your info. Don't worry although we have 3 teenagers with us they are very respectful, I was meaning the resort itself - Los Cristianos - is there enough going on for them - music bars etc. - They do not want clubs as such just lively bars but need it safe for them although we will not be far away just need to know they will be safe if they go off on their own now and again. 8) Thanks for all your help
Carol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.