Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi

We have booked a holiday with Olympic flying from Manchester to Preveza on 4 June, have noticed that the airline is Viking (VIK267) I remembered that Viking Airlines name cropped up last year during the bother? with Kiss, I looked back and found the comments about the situation. Can anyone update us on the latest situation with Viking? I suppose with Olympic using them all should be well, but just making sure.

Cheers

Tony
We have booked a holiday with Olympic flying from Manchester to Preveza on 4 June, have noticed that the airline is Viking (VIK267) I remembered that Viking Airlines name cropped up last year during the bother? with Kiss, I looked back and found the comments about the situation. Can anyone update us on the latest situation with Viking? I suppose with Olympic using them all should be well, but just making sure.

Viking cropping up in bother? Well, yes. Phil Wyatt and his "associates" were involved with Viking. They were also involved with Kiss, Goldtrail, and going back a few years they were behind XL too. Viking Airways (the Swedish airline) has ceased operating and is in bankruptcy. However, at the end of last year a lot of the operation was transferred to its Greek subsidairy Viking Hellas; which carried on operating while the Swedish company was wound up. This week Viking Hellas have announced they are changing their name to Fly Hellas to disassociate themselves with the Viking mess (funny that!).

Anyhow, none of this should worry you at the moment. You have booked a holiday with Olympic, who at the moment at least are contracting Viking for your flight. If Viking/Fly Hellas canot provide that flight then Olympic will have to find another airline. Don't be surprised if your flight details do change though. Out of interest, look on the Olympic website now, what airline does your holiday show?
I just posted on the Skyexpress site that Olympic are using that well known airline Torair from MAN to Preveza. They have just the one plane, a 737-400, at the moment but are expanding hugely to three 737s.
As expected just had a letter from Olympic, informing us that the Saturday flights from Man have been cancelled due to "operational issues"? and we now fly out on Thursday 2nd June with Olympic Airlines. As it is more than 43 days before we fly there is no compensation! No problem as we can adjust our arrangements. Just hope there are no further changes!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.