Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Have you tried the website called Menorca the Guide? I remeeber someone asking the same question on there.
We stayed at Cala Galdana in June 2007 and apart from one morning of rain, the weather was lovely. We stayed at the Villa Encana, which was situated opposite the Annabel, near the top of the hill. I had read about 'the hill' before I went but must say we managed fine. There were sort cuts so it didn't bother us at all, it might be difficult with a pushchair though. Close to the Villa Encana & Annabel are two small parks with swings etc and you are about 2 minuets from a restaurant & shop. The villa was great with a laundry room which had loads of towels, sheets etc. It had two cookers & two fridge freezers with the eating area in the annex, which was great. This annex, eating area had glass sliding doors all down one side so you could open the whole place up. The pool area was the best bit of the villa and a lot larger than we thought it would be. Take lots of DVDs for the children though as there is no English channel on the TV. The bedrooms were spacious but some of the windows opened out with a sheer drop to the floor, so we had to keep them shut with the children. I would have to say that the worse thing about staying at the villa Encana was the noise from the Annabel over the road, and by the 3rd day I thought if I heard the song, Bob the Builder one more time I would go mad. To be fair though it did all go quiet about 11pm. I'm just glad we weren't staying there. We went down to the square a few times and it was very good, with free entertainment, which was great. Safe for the children to run round with lots of shops etc. For a treat we jumped on the train one night to go back up the hill and my husband almost fainted at the price as there was 7 of us - that was the first and last time we did that. We found the food quite expensive, but eating out to be reasonable. We thought Cala Galdana was a lovely place and the villa Encana really good value for money - as long as you like Bob the Builder! :)
Hi Vick

Thanks for a very informative report

Biff
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.