Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi,

I realise this post is several years old, but for anyone else looking for info about this villa BEWARE.

We stayed there in 2008 and it was horrible. Son Bou is nice but the villa was poor.

Some pics (can't do links yet): [code]http:/photobucket.com/style-holidays_villa-marismas-sombre[/code]
We booked the place through Style Holidays part of the Thomas Cook group. The reps didn't try to help, never responded to messages.

Went through the Thomas Cook complaints procedure and that was a nightmare too. Took about 9 months to get a resolution - they were just being deliberately awkward. Ended up getting about 1/3 of the total cost back.
omg we went in Aug 06 and it was fantastic, (apart from the BBQ)!!!

I am sure that everything must have been new at the time of our visit, the only problem we had was with the washing machine but the owners replaced it with a new one whilst we were there, and the rep was fantastic, how things can change in a few years, thanks for posting your findings as this was a place I would have considered going to again.
I actually got the year wrong - it was late 2007, so just over a year after you were there!

The other thing worth saying about it was the smell of the place. Not nice - like mould or mildew or something. Seemed like the place hadn't been opened up for months. We kept the windows open as much as possible but it was just as bad by the time we left.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.