Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hiya! Calle Toscon is not at the top of cardiac hill, but over the back of the old town. Montaña Tropical is the nearest commercial centre, a fairly quiet centre, but with a good supermarket, and a very good butchers. There are some bars, a hairdressers and a gift shop. From there it is quite a steep walk down into the harbour where there are loads of lovely restaurants and bars.

HTH :)
Thanks for the info madsue.

Can't wait to go. This is our first time in Lanzarote and we are really looking forward to it.

Do you have any idea how long a walk it is into Old Town and along to the main strip from Calle Toscon?

Da
I'm a bit confused now.

While trying to find a map showing the location of CC Montana Tropical I cam across a website called 'golanzarote.com'. This has a maps section which seems to show the CC montana tropical in two different places. One of which is seems to be exactly where we think out villa is located :que

One location is given as the corner of Calle De Los Afrechos and Calle Roque Nublo, the other looks like it is at the foot of Calle De Geiser. Which is correct?

Lil help....
Montaña Tropical is on c/Toscon, just past the junction with Geiser. Coming from the airport you would come down Geiser to the bottom and turn right, and see M. Tropical on your left after you have turned. It is definitely not on the corner of Los Afrechos and Roque Nublo.

MY SIL stayed in a villa to the side of M Tropical last year, beautiful views out over the old town harbour, lovely villa too. They walked down into the harbour most nights, but coming back up the hills took some doing they said!! I believe they did also walk all the way to the strip, but it's not really something I would choose to do too often, and I think I would definitely want a taxi back!!!!
Thanks soooooo much for the extra info. I've been able to locate the CC now. Our villa is also to the right (as you look at it on the map) of the CC. We are staying in the Vista Del Sol so the supermarket will be very handy. I am told there are a few goods bars around there to. Can't wait!!
How lovely :cheers :cheers An ideal location I would say!!! If you're into walking, you can now walk along the "cliffs" to Puerto Calero, and there are also lots of boat trips leaving from the harbour! Bet you can't wait now :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.