Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
interesting. I wonder how they make it clear it is not just an empty seat? We have all seen folks changing seats or sharing the empty one by bunging things on to it.
Thats why you should ALWAYS sit in the seat allocated, not grab one cos its empty :)
Nice way for them to make money out of half empty flight!!!
http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en/the-virgin-experience/extras/seat-plus.html

I wonder if the 'from' £99 means that seat plus seats will be in fare buckets like ordinary seats are? If so they may only have one or two seats at that price. If they expect a reasonable uptake they'd be losing a lot of potential money if they let lots go at that price, when they could be booked by people paying a 'full' fare.
They are only released 72 hour before flight, so I am assuming they will do it at the around the £99 as its better than the seating going 'empty' and not making any revenue.
Their website says "Seat Plus is available up to 72 hours before your flight", so inside 72 hours they cannot be booked.
I imagine that if you book early then the seat plus will cost you almost full price.
I don't imagine they will be letting you bok an extra seat for £99 early and then turning away a full fare paying passenger.
Someone on another forums has been quoted £149 for a February flight.
Bet they word the t & cs so that they can grab the seat back if they are fully booked!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.