Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren,

Thank you:-) I thought it would probably be the 747-400, but have heard that it may change to a A330 ... do you have any knowledge of this?

Regards,
Pat
pat,

I checked the flight schedule for your dates of travel. It's showing a B744, not an A330.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Where can I find the layout of the B744, as it isn't listed in the 'Which Aircraft'? Have looked at Seat Guru and can't find anything listed on there either!

Thanks again,
Pat
Hi Darren,

Disregard my last message .. just realised it's the 747-400.

Regards,
Pat
Good morning,

We are flying to Cancun this coming Tuesday, 13 January 2015, on Virgin's VS93 out of Gatwick. Is it possible to let me know where this plane will be flying in from and its flight code, before it's service to CUN?

Thanks
pizzajohn,

The incoming flight should be VS016 from Orlando International (MCO) .

Darren
Apologies for jumping in on pizzajohn's post, but would the same apply to June flights Darren?

Thanks,
Pat
pat,

Unless there's a change in the schedule when it transfers to the summer season, yes. I'll check closer to the time if you remind me.

Darren
Many thanks Darren.

Not flying until 4th June, so will ask nearer the time.

Regards,
Pat
Thank you Darren.

Pat, for the last couple of years, Thursday's VS93, materialised out of the inbound Virgin flight from Montego Bay.
Help please.

Flying out to Florida on Tuesday, coming down to Gatwick on Monday and intend to do twilight checkin. Have already paid to pick our seats. I cannot remember whether you have to print your boarding passes. Online checkin does not open until 24 hours before the flight which is 13:00. Checkin at the hotel we are staying at the night before is 3pm and I wanted to get down there to checkin and drop overnight bag before going to meet my husband off his flight which arrives at 4:45 at Gatwick.

Can anyone tell me whether Virgin will provide our boarding passes or will we have to pay for them. I know there are kiosks and passbook on the iPhone but not really sure how to use it.
Hope this helps

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/gb/en/travel-information/airport-guides/london-gatwick.html

Apparently twilight checkin opens from 5pm to 9pm , ideal for when your husband arrives on his 4.45 flight
Virgin will give you your boarding passes for free when doing the twilight checkin , unless you have already printed them off yourself while doing OLCI .
As you will be probably travelling to Gatwick at this time , there's no point doing OLCI as you can checkin at 5pm instead and you have already paid to select your seats .
It sounds like all you need to really do is get to Gatwick by 3pm to checkin at the hotel , then go to the airport to meet your husbands flight at 4.45 and then go to do the twilight checkin .
Have a relaxing evening , bit of a lie in , and nice flight .

Only fly in the ointment is whether virgin will not allow you to do twilight checkin as your flight is 13.00 the next day ?? Although I see no mention of any time restrictions in the virgin link I posted above ??
I know it's a secondary source but the info here suggests that you can use Virgin's twilight check-in service for any flight the following day.

http://www.holidayextras.co.uk/airport-parking/check-in-hell.html

I can't confirm this from personal experience because I've only used Virgin from Gatwick for getting to Havana and those flights have always been well before mid-day. The service is easy to use and I've never had to queue to use it.

Also, it mightn't be an issue for you but I've found them to be flexible about exceeding the luggage allowance as long as you aren't seriously exploiting it. I think it's because they know that others checking in later will be underweight but the absence of any queue means that they can do it without having a long queue of people all demanding that they do the same for them! I would, however, never rely on it and this was before they changed their allowances. They used to be more generous even for economy and hence knew that very few holidaymakers would take anywhere near their full allowance.

SM
Thank you for your responses. At hotel now, hubby's flight delayed because of the fog. Hopefully it will be clear for tomorrow. Did eventually speak to Virgin, one you lad told me that I had to print my boarding cards because it was just a bag drop. I did say does the name 'Twilight Checkin' imply something different. Rang back and spoke to a lady who told me boarding cards definitely provided at checkin desk. Told them both I was flying on the 13:00 flight neither told me that I wasn't eligible for twilight checkin. Think that restriction may apply to Thomson flights.
Glad your nearly sorted out ! Fog has played havoc today , hope its clear for you tommorrow ,
I think that most airlines do have cut off points for twilight checkin , EZY is 8.30 am , others are at 12.00 , I know BA are 15.15 , and thought Virgin might be similar , but it does seem no restrictions .

Have a relaxing evening , and good flight .
Hi All,

Can anybody confirm which aircraft is used on the above route .... 747-400 (double decker) or an Airbus? If Airbus ... which one?

Many thanks,
Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.