Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
pizzajohn,

The aircraft normally operates LGW-MBJ-LGW (VS065/6 - Montego Bay) before your flight. Have a great time :cheers :sun2

Darren
Hi,

Hope you can help

I'm travelling out to Orlando on VS75 (I assume A330) 22/10/13 with 4 adults, 1 child and 1 infant who we've requested a travel cot for. When we booked the travel cot I was told by Virgin only one maybe two adults will be able to sit with the infant which is not ideal as we would all prefer to sit together, plus they give me no idea as to where and how many adults they will sit with the travel cot so I can't even chose seats for the other adults in advance??

Hope this makes sense??

Cheers
Benleigh,

MAN-MCO-MAN (VS075/6) are operated by Airbus A330-200. If you're travelling back onthe 29th, it's a Boeing 747-400. If you mean a sky cot, these are located on bulkhead heads with pairs of seats, hence you can't be all sat together. You may be able to get seats behind though but you'll need to request these. Details here.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Can you please tell me what aircraft it will be for my friend's Florida holiday with Virgin MAN-MCO:

Outbound: VS73 12th Oct 13
Inbound: VS76 26th Oct 13.

Thanks,

Caroline.
cagzy,

MAN-MCO-MAN (VS073/6) are operated by Boeing 747-400.

Darren
That's great, thanks very much for speedy reply Darren.

Looking at the V-Flyer, it lists 2 configurations for MAN - can you tell me if it is configuration 1 or configuration 2 please?

Thanks again,

Caroline.
cagzy,

Aircraft are swapped and changed all the time. It'll be one of the LGW/MAN suite aircraft. Other than that, it's impossable to say as they are swapped regularly.

Darren
Cagzy,

the seatplan you need is LGW-1(bottom option on v-flyer drop down box) Virgin do not have any aircraft in either configuration LGW/MAN 1 or 2.
Does anyone have any idea what the bulkhead PE seats, 14A/C-14H/K are like on the refurbished 747's?. By that i mean legroom ,pitch etc. As a disabled passenger i have requested these seats for our forthcoming trip to Cancun in June, i know the seats cannot be guaranteed. I've been told that these would be best for me to request. Thanks in advance. :think
I've only sat in them once and didn't like them much, if you have long upper legs or need a bit more space to manoeuvre in and out then they are fine otherwise I would recommend a normal seat, some of the PE seats have moveable arm rests although couldn't tell you which, "v-flyer" forum members may know or give their special assistance team a call they are quite helpful.
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA wrote:
I've only sat in them once and didn't like them much, if you have long upper legs or need a bit more space to manoeuvre in and out then they are fine otherwise I would recommend a normal seat, some of the PE seats have moveable arm rests although couldn't tell you which, "v-flyer" forum members may know or give their special assistance team a call they are quite helpful.

Thanks for that. If there is a fair amount of legroom space that will be fine, it's my legs i have a problem with.
There isn't anywhere to stretch your legs, the seat pitch(space from the rear of your seat to the furthest point directly in front) is greater but being a flat wall your feet have no where to go, where as a normal seat they can go underneath the seat in front it can get quite frustrating after a while.
Hi Im travelling on VS43 from Gatwick to Las Vegas this Sunday and have a couple of questions. First would anyone be able to tell me the flight that this aircraft will operate before mine? Also, with regards to online checkin, will more seats get released then, than are currently avilable on the "pre request map" (the one that opens 90 days before) only ive changed my mind as to wherabouts id like to sit and the majority of options appear greyed out now.

Many thanks for your help,
Fasnia :)
Sorry to intrude on Fasnia's question .......

Re: OLCI .... At 90 day check I 'requested' my seats. Upon doing OLCI, and having 're-requested' same seats, will I be guaranteed these specific seats ... obviously unless there is a change of aircraft/mechanical problems etc ...

Many thanks
Seats can be changed right up to the gate with the system as it is at the moment

VS043 normally comes in from Orlando and in my experience of many flights with Virgin only a small selection 1-9 individual seats will become available usually the aisle seats downstairs
Im also travelling on VS 43 in a few weeks time and have a quick question. Im travelling Premium Economy and have an "upper bubble request" put in with virgin holidays, im currently unable to check if thats has gone through as the "pre request" map currently says its unavilable, does anyone know why that is? And also how likely is it that I will get in the upper bubble with this request made through Virgin Holidays? I put the request in in January.

Thanks a lot for your help :)

Nick
Hi BEfree,

Thank you for your replied ... appreciated.

Another question ... being a first timer with Virgin, when doing OLCI, am I able to print off my boarding cards or will they be issued upon Twlight Checkin at Gatwick?

Thanks again:)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.