Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks,

By best I meant 2 seats together. I have heard somewhere that only the downstairs has been refitted. Has anyone seen the refits and what are they like.
Hi Darren,

Flying from LGW to Havana 6th May flight VS63/64 returning 16th May premium economy.

Can you tell me whether the aircraft allocated will be one with premium economy on the upper deck, as I understand that there are several different configurations as well as the interiors being updated.

Thanks.
nicochick,

Flights are operated by Boeing 747-400 in the LGW/MAN suite (config 1 or 2). Premium Economy is on the upper deck but some aircraft still have a few rows on the main deck. It depends on the actual aircraft assigned to your flight on the day as it's not one aircraft that operates the route, they're rotated pretty much weekly. seat plans are on V Flyer.

Darren
Hi Darren,
Can you advise if Virgin are using the A330 Manchester to Barbados?
Best Regards.
Happy New Year.
qatarman,

On what date? Things can change. They're currently using Boeing 747-400 to BGI (VS077/8). The A330's are used on selected SFB and LAS.

Happy New Year :cheers

Darren
Darren, I wonder if you know which specific 747 they are using this Saturday VS33 from Gatwick to Antigua please?
I do not want VTOP as it is the only one which has not been refitted. I know the odds are 7 to 1.

I am getting rather excited, I've never been to an exotic place before, if you get my drift!
Qman,

As you know,aircraft are swapped and changed all the time so its difficult to say until the day before. What will be will be on the day, I'm sure you won't choose not to travel if VTOP is your bird! Enjoy Antigua, its a great Island. Take is easy with the rum!

Have a great holiday,

Darren
Thanks Darren, no I will not be cancelling.
It would be better if I didn't know about these things. A little bit of knowledge!!!
I've just been able to chose my seats for the trip out. Great news for me, it is not VTOP, but all the upstairs seats had gone.
well you can't have everything!
Hi Darren,

Quick question ... have Virgin completed the refurbishment of their aircraft or is it still ongoing? Also, son and his girlfriend are looking at booking Mexico for he 6th June from LGW ... any idea what the chances are of the aircraft being a double decker? .... long shot I know!

Many thanks,
Pat

ps Happy belated New Year to you :-))
Pat,

All but one of the LGW / MAN suite aircraft (Boeing 747-400) have been refurbished so there's a good change you'll fly on one. I'll have to check on the specific flight when I get home tomorrow afternoon, but I'm pretty sure all the CUN flight are 747's.

EDIT: I've just checked, VS093/4 are 747's
Darren
hi, i am flying to las vegas in april with virgin and i was wondering if anyone could tell me which aircraft i will be flying on, i know its a 747-400 but i want to know which series it is, its april 21st out of manchester on VS0085 and return april 25th to manchester on VS0086

THANKYOU
Little camel,

MAN-LAS-MAN (VS085/6) are operated by a MAN / LGW suite Boeing 747-400. What do you mean by which series? Its a -400 series Boeing 747. If you mean registration, it makes little difference as they all have the same interior and no specific aircraft is assigned, they are rotated regularly between MAN and LGW.

Darren
little camel, the plane will be a refurnished 747 with a nice TV system and leather seats. The actual plane will be either VAST,VXLG,VROY,VGAL,VROS,VROM or VLIP.
I recently fly out on VAST and returned on VROY. Both planes were identical and very good, with super service from the staff.
I now like Virgin Atlantic!
hi, sorry i thought it was series :que, i know there is 4 thats all, i was just wondering what the seat config is because we have paid for extra legroom in economy and i was just wondering if you knew which rows these would be, they are not exit row seats as far as i know,

And Qman thankyou for that, its much appreciated, glad to know it will be a refurb one ;)
Little camel,

Seat configuration details are on our What Aircraft? guide.

Darren
Hi

Just booked to go to Vegas in June, flying with Virgin for the 1st time. When can i pre book seats and whats the chances of booking the seats at the back where it changes from 3 to 2 seats? Thanks
:)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.