Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Just wandering if anyone has any further info on the seatplan availability on flights after Nov 1st. Looks like our VS075 flight has changed from an A340 to a 747 but still not able to reserve seats.

Thanks in advance.
lazyjack,

MAN-MCO-MAN (VS075/6) hasn't been an A340 for a long time, I assume it was a typo and you meant A330-300? What dates are you travelling? It's still an A333 for the most part from what I can see.

Darren
Sorry, I did mean an A330. I logged in this morning though and it was showing 747 out and A340 (three forty) back. Logged in again later on, it's now showing A330 both ways again. Think I'll need to keep a close eye on it.
Virgin is going to start flying domestic routes starting with LHR to MAN.

They also have plans to fly from LHR to ABZ and EDI from next summer.
Hiya,

We are flying 10th Sept Manchester to Barbados flight VS77 back 24th Sept VS78. I have booked seats 30A and 30B, have these seats got a full window please?

Many Thanks

Anne ;)
paradiselover,

They have a window, yes but if it's a full or partial, you'll have to wait and see as seats aren't always alligned with windows. Whichever, you'll have a view out of the window although you'll have the wing in view.

Darren
Thanks for that Darren,

We do like to sit further forward but these seats were all that were left at the front of the plane. We could sit further back but we find you get more engine noise. I was hoping for a refurbished plane and then we could have sat upstairs but it looks like the Gatwick ones are refurbished and the Manchester ones have not been done yet.

Kind regards,

Anne ;)
Darren,

Are you able to see which aircraft are on which routes for the end of this month yet?

Chris
Chris,

I can tell you aircraft types, but not registrations as they are rotated too often this far in advance.

Darren
Ah ok, just wanted to see if it was a refurbed 744 :) Guess I'll have to wait.

Cheers
Hiya,

We are flying on VS 077 on Monday from Manchester. I have booked 30A & 30B but when I have just looked at my booking it has changed to LGW-1 which I think is a refitted one. There are seats on the upper deck 76 - 80. Does anyone know what these seats are like? Is it worth changing to one of these seats and if so which one? Any help would be appreciated before these seats go, the flight looks fairly full.

Kind regards,

Anne
paradiselover,

The premium economy seats upstairs are normally regarded as the best ones as it's quieter up there. I flew back from Mauritius with Air France upstairs and thought it's the best part of the aircraft. There are no 'best' seats on an aircraft, it's personal preference really. Any of the seats upstairs should be good with row 75 being the roomiest being on the exit row.

Darren
Thanks for that Darren,

Will row 77 A & B be a window seat? Is it over the wing? Why has it changed today?

Many Thanks

Anne
paradiselover,

Aircraft are rotated regularly and can change at any time. The upper deck is in front of the wing. Row 77A/B have a window.

Darren
Hiya Darren,

Got quite excited there, but when I tried to change them it says We're sorry, the seat(s) you have chosen are not available. You are still shown in your original seat(s).
What does this mean? They are shown in red as available.

Anne
We are flying out on the 6th oct VS93 Gatwick to Cancun has this plane been refitted?
Curlyshirley

No way of knowing until the day before
Has anybody travelled on the refitted plane yet? We are booked in premium economy. We travel on Saturday, Gatwick to Cancun and was wondering which are the best seats to request. Any info would be appreciated.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.