Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Please ignore post above! Booked my outbound seats but how do I book inbound as it doesn't give me the option for this or are they for both journeys automatically. Thanks
It's probably as your return dates are outside of the 90 days ?
Ok thanks I'll wait until its less than 90 days.
Im very annoyed with Virgin Holidays as booked holiday last August 2012 for June 2013 and paid for P/E and asked to be seated in bubble. I know this is only a request !! and it is stated on my paper work Bubble request. On booking holiday was informed that you can only reserve seats no's 24hrs before check in. I have to pay my holidaythis weeek and logged in on my booking and low and behold the seating reservation is open - all bubble seats have been booked and I managed to get the last 2 together downstairs in PE.

I dont see the point of VIrgin Holidays offering me the choice ie requesting to sit in bubble . If all seats are booked up 88 days before holiday also not informing me that the seating had changed again back tobooking 90 days before and not the day before.

I did phone Virgin Holiday and asked how this had happened and they basically told me its not there problem and contact Virgin Atlantic. He also said as I had requested the bubble and it was on my paperwork not to worry and not to book seats until 24hrs before checkin opens (June 2013) and I should be allright.!!!

So how can he say I will have a seat in bubble when all seats have been allocated. Im glad i didnt take his advice and wait as we would of ended up sitting in middle of plane
Some seats are reserved for online check in, usually two pairs open up in the bubble in PE at olci. You will just have to be there bang on 24hours from departure- try at T-26h
You can go on the "manage my booking" put your code from your invoice in and get a seat plan. I booked my bubble seats 90 days before my flight.
Hi Qman,

Did you book the seats in the bubble, did you get the ones you wanted and were many of the seats taken when you booked them? Reason I ask is that my son booked his seats in the bubble 90 days before and most of the seats were already taken.

Thanks,
Pat
I asked for seats in the bubble, but on the outbound they wouldn't let me book the seats because V-TOP was still in the fleet with different seating. On the return I booked 2 seats in the bubble, when I checked in online they had given me 2 other seats in the bubble, at the front behind the toilets.
Pat, you may find that they have given you seats in the bubble. This is what happened to me, I thought they had all gone and was delighted to find I was upstairs.
I used to be rather anti Virgin and SRB, but after my flights to Antigua and back from Barbados I am now a fan!
Hi Qman,

Thanks for taking the time to reply:)

Sorry if I sound a bit slow here, but having never flown with Virgin before, I'm finding it a bit confusing when booking seat numbers.

When we booked with Virgin approx 4 weeks (PE) there is no request on our booking for seats in the bubble, so are you saying that they may allocate our seats in the bubble even though we never requested them, and if so, does that mean I won't be able to go onto 'Manage My Booking' and change our seat numbers if that is the case?

Also, am I right in assuming that you flew in PE, if so, how did you find the seating in the front row ... were you restricted with the legroom, and did you have people queueing for the toilets?

Thanks again,
Pat
Hello Pat, sorry I misunderstood I thought you had requested seats in the bubble. If I were you I would go on the Virgin Atlantic site and look for "manage my booking" where you put in your first name, surname and your Virgin Atlantic booking reference. Then a seat plan comes up, it will tell you if there are any spare seats and tell you where they have put you. You can then change your seats to the vacant ones.
I would not chose the front seats again as the leg room is not as good, but the main reason is the smell of the lavatories when I woke up!!!
Yes I flew in PE, but there are economy seats in the bubble.
Please try the manage my booking and let us know how you get on.
Hi Guys
A bit in the future I know but here's hoping

Flying from Glasgow to Orlando on vs071 in September

Any info on the plane and layout

Cheers

Duncmac25

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Hi

Try googling seatguru then type flight number in and it will come up with plane layout.

We flew on same plane last May and it was an excellent flight. Had excellent in-flight entertainment.

Cheers
Edinburgo
Dunmac25,

GLA-MCO-GLA (VS071/2) are operated by Airbus A330-300 (2 cabin, no upper class as on the 3 cabin). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our what Aircraft? guide (link below) including a link to seat plans on V-Flyer.

Darre
Hi guys
Thanks for the info much appreciated
Hi,

I'm travelling with VA, LGW to CUN, on VS093 departing 02 May 2013 and wondered if it was known yet what aircraft would fly that route and, if it is a recently upgraded craft?

John
A 747, details can be found in your booking in the manage my booking section of virginatlantic.co.uk and all their gatwick 747's have been refurbished.
pizzajohn,

LGW-CUN-LGW (VS093/4) are operated by Boeing 747-400 in the MAN/LGW suite. If you're after the registration, you'll find out on the day as they are rotated regularly, it's not the same aircraft on every flight. They've all now got the refurbished interior though so it makes little difference.

Darren
Thanks Darren,

It was the refurbishment info that I was after.

John
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.