Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
bluemoon,

First thing I would say is, US Airways flights aren't direct. They go via Philadelphia (PHL). Virgin fly direct to Orlando International (MCO). You may want to factor in the extra flight time and connections. Virgin offer seat back IFE throughout on their 747-400's. US Airways use an Airbus A330-300, also with seat back IFE as standard.

Darren
hi there

been to orlando 3 times have used virgin twice,

first time they were spot on could not do enough for you, bit 2006 2 years later. it were like playing hide and seek trying grab hold of the staff for a drink.
virgin are worth the extra, but i would look into another airline i hear good things about thomas cook?
Virgin are getting old, by that I mean their planes and IFE. My last couple of flights with Virgin have seen several people have no IFE because their TV was broken - mine included! They told me that the plane was full and there were no portable DVD's available so basically I had no entertainment for the 10.5 hour flight to Vegas! Their service has also gone downhill over the years in my opinion. Problem is, because they fly direct to so many places they are really convenient. It's a bit of a gamble I guess but some people just want the shortest time spent travelling as possible.

Cheers,

TC
I suppose its the look of the draw with sit back tvs, we have found Virgin to be the best airline i have ever used. We have flown with them more than 12 times to the States and beyond, always in econmony as well. Once my tv broke, but within minutes they brought me a portable and films to watch.

For the first time this year flying back from NYC we had a cheap upgrade to Heathrow. Paying for the extra was well worth it. To actually eat from proper plates and cutlery was fabulous, and had a choice of half a dozen meals or so.

We are touring California next summer and will be upgrading again, cannot wait.
BA are ok, that is until they decide to go on strike ;)
Bear in mind the original poster is flying from Manchester with limited airline options. A similar post lists available airline options. I believe the poster has now booked with Virgin.

Darren
My Sister flew last year with US Airways from Glasgow to Seattle via not sure now which US City. It was a nightmare late in the flights out not too bad.
Return journey late leaving Seattle got to their boarding gate in the US city told they could not board as their seats had now been allocated to other passengers.
This was on a Friday and they eventually got home Tuesday afternoon. Had to stay in the US then sent via Amsterdam and the Customer Services were non existant. The airline would not even let them make a call or make a call for them to let people at home where they were. She wrote to complain but
her letter was ignored. Her son who lives in Seattle told her they are known as the USELESS Airline.
She took this flight rather than the BA which she would normally use. TA said it is £320 less to fly US and she regrets that she allowed the TA to talk her into it.
She says she will never fly anywhere again where she has to change in the US.
I have flown Virgin several times and I certainly would rather pay an extra £100 just my opinion.

Sue
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.