Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Re: e-visa
332 Posts
thanks Darren
I couldn't see that on their website and have just e-mailed them anyway.
If I get an e-visa, is it possible that I have trouble entering the country after? My schengen visa just got rejected, so im a little worried but really want to go on holiday. Please help. Im an international student (My country can apply for e-visa if I have a UK resident permit) studying in the UK.
seher,

Welcome onboard :tup
It's probably not somethig that can be answered here. I would get in touch with the Turkish Embassy (links above) to enquire if you'll have any problems.

Darren
Thank you!

I did try to call them. They were really nasty. And the woman on the line just said to me very rudely that e-visas are part fo the government and the embassy has nothing to do with it. She referred me to the site for the e-visas. I have already been through the whole site a number of times but theres no information on something like this.

Any clue of anyone else I can get in touch with?
seher,

I think I would be trying the embassy again. If the embassy, that is there to represent the Turkish government in overseas countries can't help, no one can! If you meet the criteria for an e-visa, you could apply and see if it's apprved. Assuming it is, you shouldn't have a problem entering Turkey but you don't want to be charged for it to be refused.

Darren
That was my reason for calling the embassy and the lady was unnecessarily rude. I was quite appalled.

I dont mind applying or paying for it because its not too much. I just dont want to be in the situation where I am sent back from the airport in Turkey. That would just be awkward!
Unfortunately the Turkish embassy staff do seem to be pretty rude to anyone who isn't Turkish! But I think they are the only ones who are able to help you so you may have to try again and hope to get someone a little more helpful next time.

Good luck
I tried again- as bad as last time. Just cancelled the plan of a holiday.

Thanks for the help anyway!!
Please note the stamp / sticker visa on arrival will be abolished from April 10, 2014 and will be completely replaced by the e-visa application.

All visitors to Turkey from April 11, 2014 will be required to purchase their entry visa via the Turkish Government website http://www.evisa.gov.tr prior to travel

Graham
Hi all, i have recently booked a holiday to Kusidasi Turkey + on recieving my Email from First Choice/ Thomson it states that as from April 2014 all travellers have to purchase a visa prior to travel as visas can no longer be obtained on arrival.
(i've always been used to just handing over a £10 note at the airport.

I've just clicked the link given on my confirmation email that takes me to this wesbite.... http://www.thetravelvisacompany.co.uk/thomson/turkey/
When ive downloaded the e-visa application form it says that the cost of each visa is 25 english pounds per person ( seems a bit steeps in price 75 english for a family of 3 that are used to paying 30 english at the airport).
Had a quick google + come across this website.....https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/ who charge 20us dollars per visa which is around 12 english pounds each. Was just wondering if anyone knows anything about theses visas... are they all the same??? Could i buy the wrong one??? why is there so much difference in price etc. I've been left rather puzzled now which wesite to buy from as there seems to be a big difference in price to from the 2 websites ive posted links to above. Any help on this matter would be great. Thanks in advance.
Panic + confusion over Just spoke to a firend of a friend who has advised me to apply for our visas online from the official Turkish government website which will only charge a flat fee for a 90day multipe entry visa. Apparently there are many unauthorised websites out there charging a fortune for information about visas and for submitting applications.
It would appear that the info regarding the e-visa from 10th April is correct.

Definitive information and the correct link can be found the UK FCO website at https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/turkey/entry-requirements

See 3rd & 4th paragraph which contain links. The fee is USD 20, payable by card payment.

I would think that the £25 charge from the Thomson recommended site would be a non-starter for most sensible people. Paragraph 4 of the FCO site sums this up beautifully.

Nice one Thomson! :think

Peter
The £25 charge from Thomson sounds like a money making racket to me (as if they'e not had enough from me already) haha ill deffo be using the Turkish Government website to apply for our visas at a cost of usd20 per person.

Official Turkish Government website.... https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
Details of the new e-visa system are on our Visa for Turkey (£10 ) ... Q&As topic with link to the official website for obtaining them. If you use unofficial sites, they charge a commission for doing so so make sure you only use the official Turkish government website so you don't get stung for additional charges.

Darren
I am shocked that Thompson/First Choice are sending a link for a website that charges £25, that's just outrageous! They should only be providing the link to the official site.

I too reckon they are making money on it, which is very wrong. Anyone going to Turkey for their first trip would have no idea they were ehing charged twice the price...
Dam im going to Turkey in may 14 so i now take it i have to send for a Visa when we booked it in dec13

the staff in the Thomson shop told us that we could pay the £10 at the airport
inbed79,

That was the case at your time of booking, but you now need to do it online before travel.

Darren
yep i no that now but i would of thought Thomson would of kept me up to date never mind at least i no now
and not when we got to the airport
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.