Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Cost of Visa
332 Posts
irisht,

Yes, the visa is still £10 valid for 90 days.

Darren
Hey all, I know this has probably been asked millions of times but can someone tell me how much the visa is when using an irish passport I am unsure if it is 10 euro or 15 euro.

Thanks
irisht,

Your visa is $15 US or 10 euro.

Darren
The 90 days in 180 days was introduced without any warning and then dropped after complaints from the Brit Ambassador in Ankara.The Turks did say that it will be reintroduced and the general feeling here ( Antalya ) is that it will be Jan. 1st.The only way around this is to buy a Residents permit which will cost 970 TL for one year.Half this price for six months plus the cost of the Blue Book which is currently 140 TL. Not cheap but the price you will have to pay.The other drawback is that here in Antalya we have to show a current Turkish Bank Statement that proves that you have enough funds to support yourself whilst the Permit is in force.This is not always the case in a different province.Engish or Irish Bank Statements are not accepted in Antalya.If anybody wishes to go down this route please PM me and I will let you know how the process in Antalya is, which may be different from your part of turkey.The price of Residents Permit's vary for different nationalities.

Ian
We returned from Turkey on November 2nd and have the new 'any 90 days stay in 180 days' visa in our passports. We checked at Dalaman and they confirmed that they are no longer issuing the old visa stamps. It is fine for us as we are going out to Turkey and Christmas and Easter and all three stays are covered by the one visa (just!) but we know of many ex pats living in Turkey on tourist visas who make a trip to one of the Greek islands every 3 months to renew their visas (and get duty free!). They are now faced with getting residency permits and are less than happy.
Cazz, Gumbet Jakki has confirmed on the Turkey dearer than the EU topic about the suspension of the 90 in 180 days but has not made mention of it being re-instated and so with this in mind I would keep a close eye on this topic and check again nearer your next departure date.

Les
Hmmm .... i saw that after I posted. Someone posted to say that the 90/180 visas aren't valid :( Our December trip is within the 90 days so I will check in Istanbul as to the validity of the 180 day stamp. Thanks!

We were in Turkey in July when the initial changes were made and while we received 90/90 stamps, others received 90/180 ones from other visa booths at Antalya. All very confusing. I'd be interested to find out whether visitors given 90/180 stamps back in the summer have been able to use them past the 90 day point.
Someone told me it is going up to £20 this year. Does anyone know if this is true or just a rumour.
I would say it is a rumour.There has been no official word or even any mention of this in the press here in Turkey.At a time when Turkey is looking to increase it's tourist numbers,and knowing the continuing economic pressures in Europe I doubt they will put up the tourist visa cost.Residence visa charges increase every year though! :(
hello sari welcome to here
waiting your more posts
great to see u here

You hand the clerk your passport and the fee in CASH, the clerk sticks a stamp in your passport and you're on your way. The clerk doesn't look you up in a database or scan your passport or take your name or anything. The whole thing takes 10 seconds.

Basically, the sticker visa fee is just a tourist tax.

Be sure your passport is valid for at least 90 days from the expiration date if your anticipated visa period, or you may not be admitted. That means that if you are entitled to a 90-day visa, be sure your passport is valid for at least 180 days beyond the date you anticipate entering Turkey. (Here's how to get a U.S. Passport fast.)

You can obtain your visa in advance, before you arrive in Turkey, from any Turkish consulate, but it entails time, trouble, and extra expense (you'll pay a "visa processing fee.") It's much simpler to just buy your visa at the border if you are allowed to.

If your passport is from one of the countries below, you probably don't have to obtain a visa in advance of your trip. (Who does?)

The information below was obtained from the Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs website (updated August 2009), but I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information! For definitive information you must check the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website or contact a Turkish consulate. (Please do not contact me—I have no more information. I will just tell you to contact a Turkish consulate.)

(S) means you may buy a sticker visa, valid for the number of (30-day) months shown, upon entry to Turkey. Have the exact amount of euros or US dollars or UK pounds sterling—in CASH!—to pay for your visa. No travelers checks, no credit cards, no other currencies, no exceptions!

Sorry, I've had to remove part of your post as we aren't permitted to paste pages from other websites due to copyright. I've provided a link to the webaite below. Dazbo HT Mod

Republic of Turkey: Visa Fees at Border Gates for 2010
Hi there enca,thank you nice to be here.This seems like a decent forum site so the other place can go hang from now on!.I also noticed there are quite a few others from there too :))
Sarikanarya, welcome to HT,so nice to see you here. I know you will be a real asset to the Turkey forum with your wealth of knowledge. :wave:
Aww Minione :thanks! I'm just happy to share any knowledge I may have with anyone who needs it in the hope they will come to love this crazy country as much as I do.
Thankfully this site seems to be far better moderated than another certain well known travel site :rage so there is less chance for people to manipulate it which is good news for all travellers.
Yes, the mods do an excellent job here. It's also a very friendly site compared to one I won't mention.

Darren,sorry to have gone :offtop ,feel free to move it.
I posted on this thread back in November as we have 90/180 visas in our passports with the 180 days expiring on 23rd April. We are due to go back to Turkey next week and will return to the UK on 20/4. I am still unsure whether our visas are valid :que
We went to Dalaman in December (still within the 90 days) and were assured by passport control staff that we would be able to use the visas in April but I still have doubts and will probably buy new ones as I really don't need 3-month bans or fines. I have spoken to the Turkish Embassy and they say that while the visas would seem to be valid they are still officially using the 90/90 system so they can't say what the visa officials at Dalaman will do when we leave Turkey.
The visas you have will probably only be valid for 90 days so I'm sure you will have to get new ones. When you get to Turkey if you show them the old visa they will tell you whether you need a new one anyway.

Personally for the sake of £10 I would get a new one though as you never know what the rules are out there - it is Turkey after all !
I think you're right Kedi, I'll get new visas just to be on the safe side - would have been nice to get 3 uses out of them though! We go again in July so we'll need new ones again then so I'm hoping they'll reinstate the 90/180 visas again soon, though I realise these will be really unpopular with people from the UK who are living in Turkey on tourist visas as they'll need to either get residency permits (ouch @ cost!) or come home every 3 months for 90 days.
For those of you lucky enough to be visiting Turkey twice or more this year, just a reminder that the new 90-in-180 day visa came into force on 1 February.

This means that when you visit Turkey and pay your £10 for a visa, this visa will be valid for 180 days (not three months!) and in that 180-day period, you can visit Turkey as many times as you want for up to a maximum of 90 days.

This is good news for a lot of Turkey-goers, those who visit (for example) in June and September will only have one visa fee to pay, not two as has been the case.

Jak xx
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.