Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi My family and I spent a week in Turkey our first day was 22 June 10, we are returning for another week 21 August 10. Can we still use the visa stamp we got in June or do we have to pay £10 again.
laudan,

As long as you exit the country before your 90 day tourist visa expires, then no, you don't need to purchase another one. However if it expires before you depart the country, you'll be liable to a fine and possible ban from entering the country.

Darren
Hi. I will let you all know how I get on. I was 1 day over my visa on the 28th June and did not have enough for the fine. I had a credit card but they would not take it so I was given a slip of paper which said I am banned from Turkey for 5 years unless I get my next visa from the Turkish Embassy in London. The cost will be around £68 and then I still pay the fine when I go back to Dalaman.

Ann
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
laudan,

As long as you exit the country before your 90 day tourist visa expires, then no, you don't need to purchase another one. However if it expires before you depart the country, you'll be liable to a fine and possible ban from entering the country.

Darren

Thanks again Darren it like having my own personal travel advisor. 90 days will take us to the beggining of September so we will be back in England well before that.
The rumours concerning new visa procedures have been confirmed by the British Embassy, Ankara today.

Read the News Release here: http://ukinturkey.fco.gov.uk/en/news/?view=News&id=22566961
Thanks for posting the link dande. That's going to cause a few problems for frequent travellers. It'll mean more admin anyway.

Darren
We shall be doing our final three-month visa run on Thursday and, in October, join the queues for Resident Permits in Ä°zmir. We held these for about nine years but reliquished them in 2007, main;ly because of the hike in costs.

As we have said many times during our 13 years in Turkey, "There's always another bill just around the corner."

And not forgetting the authority's total disregard of my regular supply of Duty Free Gordon's Gin! :rage
Just booked a late deal for 9 members of my family to Turkey. I have read you need 6 months on your passport when you fly out & 3 months left on when you return. Just got the passports to do the API's & my 6 year old nephews runs out on 20th Feb 11 and we fly out 21st Aug 10 for 1 week, thats 1 day short of 6 months. How strict are they, will it show up as not acceptable when I enter the API's and who can I contact to verify if we need to try and get him a new passport.

If anyone can answer or point me in the right direction for info I would be most grateful.

UPDATE

Got through to the Foreign Office and he will need a new passport.
Turkish Tourist Visa Law to Change for 63 Countries;

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has confirmed that the rules regarding Turkish tourist visas have changed as at 14 July 2010.

Read more at http://www.fethiyetimes.com/news/44-news/6250-turkish-tourist-visa-law-to-change-for-63-countries.html
The Ministry of Interior has now confirmed that the proposed change to visa regulations has been delayed. All ports of entry have been informed and visa procedures will revert to those in place before 14 July. British nationals will once again be able to enter Turkey on 90 day visas.

Read all about it here: http://ukinturkey.fco.gov.uk/en/news/?view=News&id=22566961
Well I went to the Turkish Consulate on the 28th July. I was given a list of items I needed but this information was not on the web site. I had to go into London to download a bank statement, write a letter explaining why I overstayed 1 day and why I want to go back. My application was then sent to Ankara to the Turkish Ministry of Interior for approval. This could take up to 6 weeks.
I will keep you informed !!
Ann
This recent article suggests foreigners living in Turkey will soon have to fork out even more money on top of Residence Permits.

Read more here: http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.php?n=attention-to-this-date-2010-08-05
Hello all

Can someone please help me with my visa?

We came to Turkey on the 19th June 10 and will go back again on the 28th Aug 10 with a return date of the 11th September 10...

My question. Do I need another visa or will it be ok on the one ourchased on the 19th June 10?

Thanks
Ruth
ruth24s,

Given you're still within your 90 days of the original one, you shouldn't need another. However things are in a state of flux, see above posts.

Darren
Hi.

Where can I go to find out for definate? I thought it was 90 day's... ?? Bit miffed now!
Having read the information above I don't think I would be affected even with the 'proposed' chance re the '180' day period...

I hope I am reading this right as don't want to do anything wrong here...
Hi Ruth if you enter while you are still in your 90 days but if you are over your 90 days when you leave you will be fined before you leave and maybe banned. Trust me on this one. I went 3 times this year and on the way home I was 1 day over the 90 days. I was fined 156 lira but only had 60 and a credit card which they would not use. I was given a 5 year ban uneless I went to Turkish Consulate in London ( by appointment only) I went on 28th July and they send the application to Ankara for approval which takes up to 6 weeks. If I get it it will cost £68 and I still have to pay the fine back at Dalaman. Get a new £10 visa on your way in if the current one runs out while you are there.

Ann
Hello, I have just checked and from our first entry to going home this time it's 86 day's. Still feel nervous though!!
Hi Ruth, if it is only 86 you will be ok. I have about 4 weeks left to wait to find out if I get it or not. I will keep you informed.

Cheers

Ann
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.