Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
There is a turkish company named Vision Holiday ..... they have a website address http://www.visionholiday.com
Hi i travelled with vision holidays to gumbet last year. Apart from the tickets only arriving a few days before we left (you can imagine the panic :roll: ) we had no other problems with them.

Nicole x
I traveled to Turkey with Vision Holidays last September - found them using Teletext holidays. I did not have any problems with the company itself - quick and fairly easy to use (although they did spell our names wrong). HOWEVER, the hotel we stayed at was called the Ada Kule in Kusadasi. It was marketed as 5* which equates to about 2-3* in England, it was a huge place with its own lovely beach, the rooms were fine and the food was ok but very repetative. Our biggest problem was the fact that it was mainly a German hotel and there were only a handful of Brits there. I am not a xenophobe but the people there were very rude (really annoyed me when they would crowd around the door into the lift so that you had to push past them to get out, also it is true about us Brits liking to queue - it is polite for goodness sake!) and at least 80% of them smoked. Being a non-smoker who grew up in a smoking household, i could tolerate this fairly well but it would really annoy me when they would light up next to you when they could see quite clearly that you were still eating. All of this would be tolerable if we were close to town or anywhere to escape to but the hotel is a dolmus ride away. Also Kusadasi has to be the most disgusting example of how not to build a resort. No character whatsoever and of course the obligatory pushy shop owners.
Anyway - the company is fine but i would avoid that hotel and there seem to be some other german aimed hotels on their website as well. I would also recommend checking out holidaysuncovered.com and read their reviews of the hotels. If you cant find a hotel on it - dont book it!!!
We travelled with Vision Holidays to Gumbet last year. Could find nothing at all about the hotel they offered, but the price was excellent, so went ahead. Vision did exactly what it said on the tin: they arranged flights transfers and a decent hotel at a bargain price.

Hotel was popular with Germans. but a good number of us Brits there, too. We made friends with a German family whilst there and are still in touch with them.

Unlike a certain other budget-holidays-to-Turkey firm G*ldtr*il) I can recommend Vision. Bear in mind they are a budget firm, you aren't going to get luxury hotels at their prices!
Has any one used VISION HOLIDAYS advertised on the teletext web page
there prices seem quite competitive
I have used teletext/Vision holidays for the last four years and have had no complaints. I am in the process of booking a holiday in September and will be looking at vision before anywhere else. I have had excellent deals from this company. As some quoted in an earlier reply. "it says what it does on the tin".
All I would say about VISION holidays is that if you have a complaint don't expect a response.My sister & I travelled with Vision Holidays to Tunisia on Easter Sunday.
On arrival at the airport in Tunisia we were not met by a rep, even though we had paid for transfers. This was very worrying & potentially dangerous for 2 young girls. Fortunately another travel company rep(Sun med) took pity on us & helped us to our hotel. However the hotel was evidently not expecting us, & hastely prepared a room . Despite numerous phone calls between us, our parents & Vision holidays it took the 4th day of a weeks holiday to meet a rep, until then we had no idea of hotel facilities & the all inclusive package or even how we would get back to the airport.
On our return I sent an e mail & a letter , with mobile phone bills showing the calls fromTunisia. Firstly they were ignored, promised return phone calls were not received & I have to date only received the transfer money ( which as far as I can see was my money anyway) & an offer of money off my next Vision Holiday, which will never happen.I am the one out of pocket because of their mistake
So my opinion of Vision Holidays is they offer basic hotels with poor facilities at a not so basic price, & don't want to be bothered once they have had your money.
i went on honeymoon with vision holidays and it was a total nightmare
no pick up from airport,sold our hotal, no one took our complaint seriously
phoned and emailed on our return and got no where with them so i took them to arbitration and won but still have not received my compensation
Quite simply the worst agent ever!

I don't normally come on the internet forums, but this is valuble information

"Vision Holidays are the worst travel agent "

Tip: Make sure you have travel insurance if travelling with these guys, it will make life easier for you, and there's a chance you'll need it with vision.

Everything you don't expect to go wrong, will go wrong with this crowd. From Travel tickets to hotel accomodation. The reps in turkey do nothing to help you.

Normal font restored Briar
Is this the "Tour operator " Vision Tours that you are talking about??
Couldn't agree more Andy.

They are absolutely awful and I would never book with them again! Their reps are worse than useless.

Booked with them last year, everything went o.k. until one of our party got sick and had to spend a night in hospital. The '24hr emergency number' which the rep had given us on our first day went through to an answer phone (in Turkish). We left a message telling the rep that three of us were going to be spending the night in hospital and because of this all five of our group would be unable to attend the jeep safari that we had booked for the next day. We didn't see or hear from him for two days when he happened to be at our hotel to greet some other guests and saw us by the pool. He hadn't cancelled the jeep safari so the driver arrived, woke up the other two, we explained what had happend and he left without us. We lost all of the money for the trip (£100). He didn't seem to care about what had happened or whether the sick guest was o.k. He told us that we couldn't get any money back for the trip but he could rearrange it for another day. As he hadn't contacted us for 2 days it was then too late to rearrange.

As the rep was the only fault with our holiday last year we took a chance and booked with them again this year. We booked an AI deal with them which seemed too good to be true.....and it was.

The hotel was awful. We had to be moved on the first day (lost a days holiday because of this), instead of putting us in an equivelant or superior hotel they put us in a cheaper one (3* instead of 5*), we were given no information about where we were being moved to (bus just arrived to take us, no rep) so we had no choice or idea about where we were going.

We saw the rep only three times throughout the holiday; at the airport when he put us onto a coach (only spoke to us to ask us our names, nothing else) at our alternative hotel where he booked us into the hotel but gave us no information, then on the bus back to the airport where he was rude, aggressive and at some points quite intimidating.

Sorry, rant over! :wink:

I'd be interested to hear other peoples experiences with Vision.
So we are talking aboyt the Tour Operator - Not the Travel Agent - Please do remenber they are different things!
We went to Gumbet last year with Vision and had no problems whatsoever; ticketing, flights, transfers, hotels, etc - no probs!
The first holiday that I had with Vision was last year and it was fine. The rep was absolutely useless but apart from that the tickets, hotel etc were as promised. The hotel was described as 4* and it was.

For this reason I booked another holiday with them this year. Total nightmare! The hotel was described as 5* luxury but I would barely class it as 3*. We had so many problems throughout the week that we don't feel like we even had a holiday. I'm in the process of a complaint and hoping to get some decent compensation but from what others have said this doesn't look very likely. :(

I understand that every tour operator has problems every now and again but Vision hoildays seem to get a lot of complaints.

Bear in mind they are a budget firm, you aren't going to get luxury hotels at their prices!

If this is true then they should stop describing some of their hotels as '5* luxury' when they clearly aren't. No matter how cheap the holiday is you should always get the holiday that you booked.
I've just booked a holiday with vision and after reading this i don't think i want to go. We're booked to stay at club green platan, we were told it was a 5* but have now been informed that it's a 4*. has anyone stayed there? if so what is it like?
We have reviews of this hotel HERE

luci :wave
Timmbo,why dont you employ a firm of debt collectors/baliffs.Okay it wont be cheap but should get some results.How much is involved??
I have done this before when I was in the UK.
Jacob I have just got back from this hotel which i booked through Vision I am sorry to say it was a nightmere. I dont know about you but i was told it was 20 mins from marmaris more like 2hrs so be prepared for a long scary journey as the hotel is in the middle of nowhere. As for the hotel when you pull up it looks fantastic but vision only has a contract to sell the club part of the hotel these rooms are more like a 2/3* think pontins a tip though if you complain enough they will up grade you to the better 4* rooms still not the 5* you like me paid for. Our main compliant apart from the room was the food the resturant was absolutley swarmed with flys and i have photos where you cant see the food for the wasps and flys. We got moved from the hotel and was told that they had got ride of the flys so fingers crossed when you go one final word of warning if they offer to surve the food direct to you refuse we over heard the manager telling the staff to spit in it. :cry:

Can anyone tell me hoe to complain to the powers that be I ma getting nowhere with vision.
What are the chances of me calling vision and asking not to be placed in a club room? i really don't think i can go to this hotel so i might asked to get moved but they probably won't do that at such short notice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.