Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi,

It all depends what you want to do when you get to Luxor. There's a lot to see there and because it's quite spread out - not so easy to see everything all at once. If it's hot when you go, you will need to "pace" yourselves a bit. Cairo is about 10 degrees lower temperature wise than Luxor....

If you want to see all the archeological sites on both East & West Banks - may I suggest booking your main holiday to Luxor and taking a couple of days out to take a beach trip to either Hurghada or Sharm rather than the other way round? Otherwise, if you are really interested in the history of it all - you may perhaps feel you've missed out :(

Alternatively, you could go back again another time - and see the bits you missed ;)

We've been to Luxor several times - it was always our 2nd favourite holiday destination (Cyprus being our 1st) but now we live in Cyprus, Luxor will always be our No 1.

Enjoy!

CwB
Hi Rach,

I did the Luxor Day trip by plane from Sharm a couple of years ago. I did so through panorama and it cost around £170 each. Having said that one could have gone into Naami bay and got the same trip much cheaper. It includes Hapshetshuts temple which you don't get on the coach trip from Hurghada. Only takes about 50 minutes on the plane if my memory is correct?
Hi Rach

You can get from Sharm to Luxor by plane very easily, you can do this as part of an organised tour via your travel company or you can get the same tour much cheaper by buying it from one of the excursion sellers in Sharm.

You might also want to book it yourself, book flights with EgyptAir and arrange a guide in Luxor which would be cheaper again.

Flights from Sharm to Luxor would be about £90 return per person.

EgyptAir website http://www.egyptair.com.eg/English/Egypt

More info in this thread including arranging guides etc -

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10154&start=240&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
Hi
I have been quoted 136 per person for a private tour - includes return taxis to airport , flights, full day tour(Valley of the Kings, Karnak,Hatchepshut) lunch and river cruise> I know I could do it cheaper by booking my own flights etc but this seems fairly reasonable to me
Lally
hi why dont you just do the 2 centre holiday a weeks cruise on the nile to visit all the sites and then a week all inclusive in sharm. :think
Hi Rach, Ive just booked our hols in sharm for august, plus I also booked a diy trip to luxor. Fly down on a thurs. morning and back fri night. It cost about £220 for two adults and one child with egyptair and this was the best airfare I could find (using egypt as my home country on egyptair website). I also booked the mercure for one night in luxor after consulting a map and found it was pretty central to everything and only cost £32 for the room incl. brekkie. The airfare seemed pretty much fixed no matter what time of year you go. Last year we did sharm/cairo for about £80 for the three of us,so I was surprised this was higher. I think we will use a guide for a tour, Reallifeegypt.com get some good reviews. Hope this helps.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.