Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Walking in Goa
10 Posts
The 22kms of beach from Velaso to Mobor in the south is ideal for long walks, or bike rides if the tide is out. I've done most of it but not in one go!

From Utorda beach it's a nice walk to Colva, stopping at Betalbatim for a rest, then on to the fishing village at Colva, lunch at Domnicks shack, shopping in Colva, a coffee at Coffee Day, and back home in a Tuk Tuk.

From Varca to Cavelossim is very quiet on the way, but lots of shacks when you get there, and shops and restaurants, we get the bus or a Tuk Tuk back.

My favorite is Varca to Benaulim, because i like the food at Johncys shack, there is a small fishing community, where you will see fish laid out to dry in the sun. Benaulim is a lovely village to wander around, as usual a Tuk Tuk home
Thanks for your reply. I was thinking of staying in the North again..maybe the Candolim area, but it sounds as if the South is more suited to what I'm looking for. My only concern is that it would be a bit too quiet for someone travelling on their own...any thoughts?

I'm not after manic nightlife or clubs like Baga..just a few friendly bars (with people!) to hang out at in the evenings.

Thanks

Neil :)
:wink: Not quiet at Palolem in the South...and I'm sure you'll find LOTS of friendly people in the shacks/bars etc there! :lol:
Cheers pam7. Do you think 2 weeks in Palolem is too long? Can you recommend other places nearby that would be worth visiting?

Sorry for all the questions by the way!

Neil
ditto to all of Lassi's post :)
Neil!
Have you read the Northerner/Southerner thread on page 3, it might be helpful.
Cheers lassi
Neil also have a look at the Cavelossim Q and A thread on the same page
they are both on page 1 now :wink:
Thanks everyone. I'm stuck indoors today (aint summer great?) so i'll have a read of these threads.

I haven't used these forums in a while but it's good to see that everyone is as helpful and friendly as ever.

Thanks again

Neil :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.