Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I thought you only had access to duty free once you'd been through?
Correct. But I understand from scousemouse's post that anything bought in DutyFree must be placed in the handluggage, it can't be carried separately as some airlines allow.
thats true.i was in benidorm the other week.and just as a flight was boarding.they was saying just one bag to be carried on plane.inc duty free goods bought.so ladies handbags had to go in one bag.if you know what i mean.
i was with bmi baby.so no problem at all.untill we got on plane .and with so many people just taking those very small flight cases.there was no room left for other stuff.so it was put under you seat.or staff stuffed and crammed it into the spaces they could finded.

i wonder how they would go on if everyone had those small weekend cases.i would love to see how they get on.

plus if you do buy one of those cases in resort.check it measurments.i saw a few people told that they where too big to fit in overhead lockers and had to be put in the hold.at a cost.
That's right, duty free is bought in the airport and has always been carried aboard separately, hence why people were being caught out. Mind you having said that cigarettes were e41.40 for 200, not exactly cheap. At the moment it is only Ryanair specifying the one item rule and there were some very worried passengers in the queue.
Permitted size in cm 55 x 40 x20
This is happening at many UK airports outbound as well.

For reference ( correct on 18/03/2010) 55 X40 X 20 cms

John
Wizzair do the same, only one item of hand baggage, no extra camera, handbag or laptop.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.