Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
they would be better to get a taxi over to the health centre in san antonio - about 5 euros - and see a doctor for free as long as they have the correct forms (which i think you can still pick up in any uk post office)

sdII
Thank you for your advice. I wish I had known that sooner. The hotel reception told them that they would just have to see the doctor at the hotel. He charged them 160 euros for an injection!! They both have holiday insurance and the medical cards from the post office, but as it is their first trip abroad they were unsure what to do. Will their holiday insurance cover them for the doctors bill? They have a receipt. Luckily they are flying home tonight.
yes, their insurance will cover them, but do remember that national health care in spain is far superior to the uk and our hospital in ibiza, can misses, is also far superior in terms of food and accommodation to many of the hotels here! my dad loves it there.

sdII
Hi Ruby. How is your son and his girlfriend. Hope they are OK.
They are both fine. We have posted their insurance claim, so hopefully they will be reimbursed soon. Thanks again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.