Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi the travel agent should have told you this at the time of booking, as usually flights returning to a different airport would flash on the screen to warn the travel agent about this.
They should have told you this was the case.
Also that would be why it was such a good deal.
Yes a good agent would have confirmed and gone through all the details with you.

However, when I book anything I always read and re-read the confirmation invoice just in case of human error, which this seems to be.

Sorry you had such a dreadful time.

Kath HT Admin
That must have been a real shock for you :(

...just as well it was Manchester, and not London... or Glasgow :shock:

I think the travel agent could have been alot sharper in your case....surely they should have pick up on this...?
Oh I think there is no doubt about it, the agent made a mistake, but I am sure it will conveniently be in the small print somewhere that the customer should check all details.

Kath x
We went into the shop which we booked it in and the agent which we booked with said that it was our responsiblity to check all destinations, not the hers.

Erm I thought she was acting as your travel AGENT!! Mind you I think I always nosey at my flight tickets incase of a mistake in the name etc so might have spotted the manchester code.
It's not only Thomas Cook that this can happen with. We have had some really cheap last minute deals, but the trade off has been that while we have been able to fly out from a local or local-ish airport, we have had to come back to somewhere else, as the the return flight to our apirport has already been fully booked and the company fits you in where there is spare capacity. Luckily we have always had all the details pointed out at time of booking.

It's a good job you weren't on our last cheap deal which was out of Aberdeen and back to Stanstead! Now that would have been a nightmare if you hadn't been aware of the return airport!! :wink:
Hope you enjoyed your treat despite the confusion!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.