Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hiya,

I have just had to do a quick search as I have to be honest and say that I have never heard of the company before at all with regards to complaints about them or anything else for that matter. They appear to be an agent/company that you buy package elements from but the holiday is not actually with them.

I am a little confused, Are you now trying to cancel your holiday because of the flight times being changed and you not being to take the child because of school? Who were the flights with? As some low cost operators don't give refunds full stop.

Also you say that you contacted the hotel, was it your name or the company name that they had no knowledge of? I know with some companies the booking info is only held in their name until near to passenger arrival time and the booking would then be recognised as in your name. Even then with them looking like an agent the booking may not be in their name or yours but actually a third party, when I booked through OTB my accomodation booking was actually with a company called Jumbo who are based in Majorca.

Another stupid question but I noted a telephone number on their homepage, emails could have easily been missed so it's only really the one letter that's good for contacting them. What have they said about the situation on the phone?

Sorry for all the questions it's just that I think once further information is given more people on here will be able to advise you on what to do, as many have viewed and like me have probably not really understood the query.
You need the T&Cs that go with the booking. The majority of tour operators class more than 12 hours change as major and allow cancellation and full refund (but no extra compo).

The fact that the hotel doesn't have your name isn't always a problem, sometimes the room is booked in the operator's name and your details are given close to the date of travel.

The Aldi Travel website still has a page giving the phone number 0844 482 0088 for people who booked before they gave up.

Which company is shown on your credit card account?

(Stardust beat me to some of this!)
Thank you for your replies

we don't actually want to cancel our holiday just change the flights back...or at least put our mind at rest that we actually have a hotel

i've read the T&C's for fresh which state the provider of the flight etc are the contract holders

anyway the flight was originally with saga airlines, then sky airlines, now teleticket but with sky airline carrier so i'm now going through teletickets T&C's

we're just worried we'll turn up and have no hotel to stay in

I'll keep you posted on the T&C's

we have rang them and they just say its all fine we raise our concerns and they say there's nothing they can do about the flights

i'm sooooo confused so god lnows how confusing it is reading this

sorry for the waffle...thanks for the help
:rofl just spoke to fresh holidays c/services about flight change being over 12 hours different from original! they said they cant speek to sky airlines about it cos they are moving premisis today and they are not picking up phone :rofl :rofl :really :really
cheshirecat
Hotels don't usually receive rooming lists until 2/3 weeks before date of holiday.
thanks sun addict

a few people habe said that making me feel more at ease with the hotel side of it....although we do go in 18days

good news is they've acknowledged receiving our emails(verbally) waiting for them to contact us now
they said before midday tomorrow so fingers crossed
Hi Cheshirecat22, I've used Fresh Holidays a few times, and never had a problem. I've only used them for accommodation, but the last time we used them (April this year) we wanted to upgrade the room, and they didn't have that option available. I rang the hotel direct, and they explained that they had a booking from them for those dates, names and details were only received 7-10 days prior to check in, and this is the norm.
I left my details with the hotel, and on the 1st April I got an email from them confirming the booking for 8th April. Hope you get your flights sorted.
Hi whitewineandsoda

thanks for that! just waiting for fresh/aldi/o.h.g. to get back to me with an update, i will need a holiday at the end of this i am worn out! :duh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.