Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
You wont escape rain Shirley but it is the island that would be the best bet in July. I would certainly go. Where are you looking at?
not sure Fiona where we would stay as I don't know an awful lot about it, have you been there? what is it like to eat out and where did you stay?
Have you been in July and how would the weather compare to say, Ko Samui at the same time of year?
thanks, shirley
I haven't been in July Shirley. Been in October and April. I think it would compare with KS. But I'm sure someone here has been in July. The first two times we went AI but the last time we went room only. We probably didn't save a lot this way but it did mean we could eat and drink where we chose and we ate at some of the best on the island :D
I love Barbados and, if I won the lottery, that is where I would buy my house!
that is intersting Fiona, do you stay in West Coast or South? is it very, very expensive??? thanks again shirleyv
Have stayed in the east, south and west. West is best. The first two places I went to both went bankrupt. :lol: The third time we stayed at Sunswept in Holetown. Sunswept is a basic hotel but had a large bedroom, a kitchen area which actually had both a toaster and a microwave and the balcony to the best sunsets I have seen anywhere in the world :D Holetown is where I would choose to stay again.
thanks Fiona . I will look at Holetown I think , thanks, shirleyv
re costs
after the Far east- it is expensive :lol:
I would probably spend as much on the evening meal as I do spend for the whole day in the Far East. However- I do love the local drink- Mount Gay rum. If you like bacardi you like Mount Gay- and that makes drinking out quite cheap :lol: ( of course, I only had a glass or two every night!!)
How expensive is a meal for 2 in a typical tourist restaurant ? just roughly?
I know it will be more than Far East , a rough guide would be handy, thanks, shirley
I went for 5 weeks, on a very tight budget, my accommodation was a room in a small lodge, this helped but the biggest savings were made with a daily trip to Oistins fish market.

At night the fish market comes to life with music, small bars and stores selling BBQ fish and other delights. I was surprised that not many tourists were there, I guess all the AI hotels take this trade. I found the locals very friendly, but I did find it hard to get on the karaoke. Hahaha! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.