Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Sorry, can't advise about the weather but I would say think carefully before booking any hotel which is yet to open! There are very often delays (which the TOs tend to deny until the very last minute!) as many HT members will testify! ;)

Pippy :)
hmmm yeh this is true and i think the opening date is may so not much room for delay there is there. Just been looking on first choice website and there are 18 photos (rather than artists impressions) and i've read on here they are refurbing an existing hotel rather than building from scratch.
so might risk it. Will keep my eye on another thread i've seen about this complex to see if anyone going to cozumel sees it.
well the other alternative would be october/november for us and again, no idea on weather then lol

L x
Have a look at this site.... http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/76649.html
about half way down the page you will see 'History and Almanac'- just enter the date you are interested in and it will bring up records of weather on that date.
Have been to Cozumel numerous times, from June thru Nov and the weather is basically the same, hot sunny, humid in the afternoons. Temps are usually in the high 80's. That doesn't vary much all year, they just have a wet and a dry season. June is technically in the 'wet' but I wouldn't let that concern you. What happens is that on very humid days you get brief,sometimes dramatic showers late in the day,then it's fine again.
Have a look at http://www.cozumelinsider.com/ for lots of hints by someone who lives there.
Be sure to eat at Pancho's Backyard.
aw thanks that's really helpful :)

hubby wants to make sure we eat out and go out for a drink etc gets bored of one complex (personally i'm quite happy there usually!) so will be looking out on here for info like that :)

L x
Endless choices of places to eat. I love Cozumel. They have a newish Margaritaville which has decks overlooking the sea, there is even a floating trampoline there for anyone brave (?tipsy) enough to get in the water there, it's a great place to look at the waves crashing over the lower deck. Plus great music and lovely staff.
It's a small island with just the one main road (two lanes) going around, easy to find your way around and you can get a taxi most places for around $6.
Best thing we have ever done there is the Royal Swim with dolphins.... we booked thru http://www.Dolphindiscovery.com they are at Chankanaab park which is easy to get to.
wow thanks for the info i will be printing all this off lol.

i've emailed a friend who works for first choice in watford she will be able to hopefully tell me the honest answer to will it be ready by june! or at least tell me what the agents really know.
if she has any news i'll post it on the relevant thread here
L x
Is this a new Holiday Village or something re-named and remodeled?

Edit- now that I have read your first post again I have an answer to my question :D
  • Edited by emdia43 2008-02-03 17:48:48
think i've seen on here it was called the allegro ??
anyway if the name's wrong i've definitely read on here it's a doing-up of an existing complex.
been looking on thisiscozumel.com :) fab site lists bars restaurants tours etc x
That's a great site- you can spend some happy hours planning....

One of the first restaurants they list- Carlos 'n Charlies is a Conga line,dancing on the table kinda place. It is downstairs and upstairs is Senor Frogs- same thing, even younger crowd there- you can hear the music and the laughing all the way down the block. You will find these all over the Caribbean..
If you want very lively, that's your place :cheers
ooh if it is/was the allegro, just found it on that site, and it states the hotel will close january 2008 for refurbishment and reopen march 08....

yep seems like a good site im getting very excited about catamaran cruises and things hehe x
The ocean there is shimmering turquoise, it makes for wonderful swimming,snorkeling.
hi,
yeah it is the occidental allegro and it plans to be refurbished and open by May 2008 :D .. we are booked to go in September.
Apparently the first choice reps are going over next month/april to add more pictures/videos to the description on the website just like the other holiday villages.

hope you have a nice time & the weather is good x
thanks danielle, waiting for my friend to get back to me and then probably going to book it. I remember reading about the red sea holiday village last time and a lot of the prolems were with kids' facilities not being finished and we've no kids so as long as the adults only bit is ready, i'll be happy :)
and cozumel looks great

L x
yeah i heard about the red sea having opening problems etc .. just hope for the best with this one, it should be done on time (fingers crossed)! yeah we havent got kids aswell and are booked to stay in the adult only section, we done this last year at the holiday village in dominican republic and was well worth it.
i hope you have a nice time if you do decide to book, im eager to see pictures/reviews haha! x
Please continue Holiday Village White Sands discussions HERE ;)

Pippy :)
thanks pippy :) have done, got a reply from friend who works for first choice x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.