Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Welcome to HT Farrah! :wave:

Have a look HERE ;)

Don't forget to post your review HERE! :tup

Pippy :)
we stayed at the cobra side of this resort it was the best hotel we have ever stayed in it was fab!!! Couldn't fault it at all. Weather is hot this time of year.
Not much help for April but ....

We were there staying at the Coba at the end of September and there were a couple of stormy moments.
They hotel is geared for it so even if it does rain, life goes on and the weather is so hot it is not a problem. Back here in the UK rain is cold, wet and miserable; over there is was warm, it provides a break from the monotony of blue skies and hot sunshine. They do do Ponchos over there but the leather one was £50. They also sell cheaper plastic ones but everyone wants one when it rains so it is easier to take a cheap plastic mac tucked in your luggage. We didn't have any "protection" and were fine. We actually went "Deep Sea Reeling" with Captain Ripoff on the rainiest day. For the rest of the party all the entertainment was moved inside in the hotel and they had a fun day, but we were out in the rain in shorts. Every time it got chilly, the crew got a bucket of sea water and threw it over themselves to warm up.
One niggling gripe which may be resolved by the time you get there is the TV. Probably not true but it appeared that all the TV in the region is delivered through one transmitter on a 13 amp plug which blew when we were there. The hotel TVs showed local infomercials for a week or so. No point complaining to the hotel a it affected everything from Cancun down.
The hotel in September was based around weekly stays and was very deja vu on the second week. One way around it is to use the other hotels for meals and entertainment as well. We assumed they would be the same shows rotating through the hotels but they are not, they are at staggered times but not enough to go from one to the others.

You should have a good holiday whatever the weather. I have just remembered that my daughter got some good photos of my grandson in the pool with raindrops falling all around, when you are in the pool it doesn't make much difference! If the towel gets wet just take it back and change it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.