Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
We have been to both the Algarve (Albufeira) and The Costa Brava (Calella & Lloret de Mar) in mid / end October, I found that more places were closing for the end of season in the Costa Brava resorts than than in Albufeira, by the time we left most places were closed or providing a restricted service, Albufeira was still quite busy with most places both on 'The Strip' and also 'The Old Town' still open.

Weather wise both places were quite similar with them being fairly sunny with temperatures low - mid 20's although cooler at night with a requirement for a jumper / cardigan.

PortAventura is excellent and well worth going for 1 or 2 days, the 2 day ticket is better value than the 1 day only.
Thanks very much. Very helpful. I think we are leaning more towards salou and Portaventura than the algarve at the moment but that could change :)
To be honest with children Salou is a great choice and Portaventura would swing it for me :tup
Yes think salou is winning :) any idea when flights for october half term will be released?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.