Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
College and school Spring Breaks in the US start around mid March and go on until mid April- depending on which part of the country you live in. You definitely don't want to be in a Mexican beach resort during that time unless you want a really raucous time.
We got married at the Maya last October (brilliant choice!).

I know the Iberostar Paraiso have a Spring Break policy whereby you can only book a room during the SB period with one or two adults and only one child but previous reviews on Tripadvisor have still complained about the kids behaviour around SB time. I would avoid March/April if possible.

Schools in the UK are changing their Easter Holidays from 2008 - schools are now allowed to choose the dates when they take their Spring Holiday as it will now be known. The school holiday will not necessarily fall over Easter. In 2008, Easter Sunday is 23rd March but one of my children has the week before/after Easter off school and the other has two weeks in the middle of April (extremely frustrating!!), so there will be more UK children abroad over the 5-week period. Tour operators seem to be aware of this as the prices now rapidly increase for the whole 5-week period instead of the usual two weeks over Easter!

Cazz
It sounds confusing but i think March / April is best avoided i guess! Shame though as that's when we have told people it will be!

When is another good time to go? What about May? I've read a couple of things that say the rainfall in May is quite high though :? We can't move it too far from April...
Well look at early March or mid to late April- if you're trying to avoid the spring breakers.
We went to the Iberostar Tucan at spring break time and yes kids were in evidence but in smallish groups and all with parents. Apparently one night in the early hours a group had thrown sunbeds and cushions into the pool, but our room was near the pool and we heard nothing. With typical Iberostar efficiancy there was absolutely no evidence of anything untoward by morning.

As has been said Iberostar do have a spring break policy and from our experience it works. Whenever you go have a great wedding- you will love Mexico :!:

Pam :D
Kids are fine- I normally have kids with me on holiday, but this is college and high school age teens Spring Break. A lot different..... think Lager Louts.
By kids I meant the teens- sorry should have been more specific! We found they went around in groups of no more than 4 or 5 and there weren't that many of them at all. They certainly didn't bother us

Pam
Thanks for your replies!

I think we are going to go with May - really don't want to risk being caught up in easter / spring break! I've read varied weather reports but fingers crossed it'll be nice!

Now we just have to decide which hotel... the Tucan or the Lindo.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.