Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
WEDDING SARI
13 Posts
Hi vvv - our paths cross again!
We are going to Goa on 22nd Feb, stayin at PPI, and I too want to visit some bridal shops, so thanks for the post. My fella and I are also getting married next year 29th Feb, we are having a civil wedding at home but then a blessing next March in Goa, have only just started to plan, so panicing - I will be watching your post for info.
Thanks
Goanne
Goanne......................think a day of girly wedding shopping could be in order in February if you fancy it!!!!!!!! Ooh, I'm excited now

I get married in the UK on the 5th of May this year in Doncaster Minster, then on the 6th of May we are having a full Indian ceremony at the Cutlers Hall in Sheffield

Lets get planning!!!! My MIL2b bought me a sari from Bombay but its not OTT enough for me
I also had a dress made last year in GOA, its beautiful, but just reading between the lines with the in-laws I think it may be too modern so I have decided that I am going to sell the dress and have a sari instead see http://www.monavora.com for some gorgeous ideas
Good morning V...V..V when I was in mapsa there was a shop that sold lodes of sarries but in the same area there was a shop that sold ladies indian type sari dresses they were all bling with bits and bobs hanging on them ..the man told me he made them himself they were out of this world .....I would say if you know what you want go along and see him Im sure he could make what you have in mind for you .........sorry I dont know the name of the shop
:shrug GFF if you know the name of the shop maybe you could tell VVV.....colleen....GFF always keeps me right when I need advice :bow
Hello vvv, we are off to Candolim in March and my daughter and her friend have been making enquiries re. saris as they are both going to buy one whilst there. There is a sari shop at the front of Mapusa market where they sell wedding saris at a fixed price of £15.00. She was told the traditional colour for a wedding sari is red and the ones sold at Mapusa are very ornate with intricate bead and sequin work. Also there are several sari shops in Panjim and one that was recommended was called Bombay Bazaar where they have all the latest styles. Hope this helps, Lenny
Hi vvv. I have just got back from my wedding in Candolim and I bought my outfit here in England in Greenstreet in London for about £500. However I bought all the bridesmaids outfits out there.

I was in Mapusa a few days ago and near the market there is loads of fancy shops that do wonderful hand embroidered skirts and short blouses, all different beautiful colours. The tailors there can adjust them to your size really quickly. They were amazing!!!!

Nice Saris start from about 1,000 Rup with silver and gold embroidery which is about £13 onwards. If you are not used to wearing saris it is worth enquiring about getting the pleats stitched that's what I did for my bridesmaid as it kept unravelling on her.

Another little tip, ask the shop owners if you can take a photo of yourself in the outfit so that you can have lunch and think about whether to buy it or not and mark down their best price on their shop cards. If you have a digital camera then you can do just that. Sometimes they won't let you do this... however most of the shop owners were obliging with us.

Good Luck... Hope you have a wonderful time... I am still buzzing from all the excitement... This forum really helped me out with advice too... :D
vvv forgot to say I can send you a photo of what the dresses look like if you like, I don't know how to post it on the forum.. They are very bling!!!
Caz
you can upload it to here. If you like you can pm when you've done that and I can post the link here
vvv - a girlie shopping day sounds a great idea to me, you will have to PM details of your stay in Goa, 2 brains are better than one? really no idea of what I want yet??
Thanks Goanne
Thanks to you all...........................

please send me a picture of your sari Cazg....................would love to see it.

I know that loads of shops sell sari's, just wondered if anyone had seen a specific bridal shop???? Need loads of stuff!!!

Goanne...................its a deal, we are there from the 20th Feb for 16 nights.........................not booked accommodation but will probably be staying at the GOAN HOLIDAY RESORT next door to TICOLO on the BAGA Road in Calangute.

We have stayed there a few times, very clean, air conditioned, B and B in a double room all for about 10 quid a night per room!!!! Service second to none.................however, if 'dave' isn't there this year, we will look somewhere else..................................we will be giving them a call in the next week

Goanne, have ya been to Goa before??? Please PM me your email and we can start planning our shopping lists.......................if its any help we have a wonderful jeweller who has made my engagement ring and both our wedding rings!!!!!
I have just posted the photo's.... i managed to do them twice as i forgot the locations and thought they wouldn't get posted...

vvv
Our rings we bought them from Ashoka Jewellers which is in Candolim on the main road next door to the Elephant shop... We paid £100 for both White Gold plain bands quite thick. We were quoted up to double that in other places. We went to 4 other places and got quotes and it was the best of all...
wedding photos can be seen here :D
Hi vvv, good luck with your wedding, Mrs HappyChappy and I will be over to Tenerife in June so may see you there unless you are still on your honeymoon. Just had a look on dvd at the last trip with the helecopter ride you arranged, great memories. 27th year for me and Mrs HC but i'm worth it.

HappyChappy.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.