UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Just rung the venue and listened to a recorded message...

'Video and digital cameras are prohibited at the request of the promoter/artiste so you're advised to leave equipment at home'.

This doesn't really clarify the situation to me as it sounds as though it's decided on an artiste by artiste basis, perhaps the group I'm going to see won't prohibit cameras? :?
Looks as though I'll have to buy some baggy trousers then :wink:

Pippy :D
Hi Pippy can you not e-mail the offcial website of the artiste you're going to see, it's not Muse by any chance is it :lol: :wink: Just thought you may be able to ask the question there if camera's etc are allowed at their concerts, probably a dumb thought!
Actually Shell, that's a very good suggestion, don't know why I didn't think of it :hmmm I'll see if there's an email address on their website.

I do hope I can take the camera, I was so disappointd not to have got any decent pics when they played Earls Court in '04 (I've since bought a far superior digital camera). I will be very tempted to just stick the camera down the front of my jeans but I'm a bit concerned in case the security search involves bodily contact and they feel a big lump in my crotch!

I don't know anyone who's been to Wembley Arena so I'm unsure of how thorough any search will be, hopefully just a bag search.

Muse....who are Muse?
Yes, going to see Muse for the third time :wink:

Hope you sort it Pippy, I don't think they'll get that close if you are searched, you could always say that you get that excited when you see Matt you have to wear a very thick incontinence pad, I'm sure they won't investigate further :lol: :wink:
Good advice, thanks Shell :lol:

Well I've sent them a message via their Myspace, hopefully I'll receive a reply before the 22nd November.
Hey,

I went to see Take That in May at Wembley Arena and I took a camera in my bag. My bag was searched too and noone said anything to me?
Never even gave it a thought not to take one !!

With regards to sticking it down your jeans, i expect if there are any ladies doing the frisking, they may form a long queue to attend you !!!
LOL :lol:

Have Fun x
:lol: :lol: So they definitely saw your camera but didn't comment? Was it a digital camera?

Have Fun x

You bet! :wink:

Hey Pippy,

I took my digital camera yes, and they did a bag search (i am assuming they saw it)??
Have to say though, only took 2 pics on it because our seat were so great i used my mobile to take video clips.......... hee hee.
By the way............who are Muse ????????? :?:
My seats are quite far back unfortunately so I'll definitely need my camera :?

What did you think of the acoustics in the arena?
I know a couple of people who went to gigs there prior to the refurb and they said the acoustics were dreadful. According to the arena website they've spent a fortune on improving the acoustics......I hope so!

By the way............who are Muse ?????????

THIS is Muse. If you listen to Radio 1 (or any pop/rock radio station) you'll have heard at least a few of their many songs :wink:

Yeah ok i know who they are now.....hubby says good choice of band unlike my taste in music !!!
To be really honest the crowd was so so noisy on that night you could'nt really appreciate the sound. Can you imagine having ALL those screaming girls (most early 30's like me) in that arena. Forget the music we went to relive our youth again !!!
On a sensible note, you'll just enjoy the gig and the atmosphere.
Thanks for your help!

The atmosphere will be amazing, just as it was when I saw them at Earls Court a couple of years ago :wink:

Sorry, another question...
Is the food/drink horrendously expensive? Is it horrendously inedible?! Are there plenty of toilets? :shock:
Did you see anyone smoking outside when you were waiting to go in?

We decided to book a parking space as we didn't want to risk driving all the way up there from Worthing only to find we had nowhere to park! It only cost £15 which I don't think was too extortionate.

Yeah ok i know who they are now.....hubby says good choice of band

As they're not really a chart band (well not until they released this, their fourth album) alot of people have never heard of them. Most people have heard their songs though, they're used in loads of adverts and programme trailers.
I was watching the qualifying for the grand prix yesterday and they played almost the whole of the song (Knights of Cydonia, it's about six minutes long!) they're releasing as a single next month.

They've just completed a successful US tour, unlike many British bands they're very popular over there. Not long til the UK tour begins!

Sorry, very :offtop :oops: I'm rather passionate about Muse!

Can anyone tell me if there's anywhere decent to get something to eat and drink close to Wembley please?
I don't want to eat at the venue as I expect I'd have to pay £nonsense for a bite to eat :?

We'll be parking at Wembley fairly early (hope to be there by about 4pm) so we're hoping there will be restaurants/pubs within walking distance.

Thank you!

Sorry Pippy meant to reply back to you about eating!!

When we were at stadium the majority of food is from the fast food outlets. Burgers, chips, fried chicken,sausages etc. Prices were as you would expect .... a bit of an excess over normal prices.

There is also a restaurant which seats about 200 people. Prices for a starter approx £5 upwards, main course £12 upwards. I think you can make a reservation ?? Phone number is 0208 782 5609

There are also bars and a coffee bar inside.

Can't comment on outside the arena though.
Thanks for your reply :wink:

At least I'll have an idea how much to budget for a meal if there aren't any eateries close by.

Me again! I'm considering tickets for a second night.

Someone is selling a pair for block S11, row Q, upper tier. I know these seats are high up and quite far from the stage but was wondering if anyone who's sat in this area could tell me if the whole of the stage is visible?

I particularly need to be able to see the left side of the stage!

Thanks.

Well, I've not had a reply from Muse regarding cameras so I've decided not to risk it.
I bought the other tickets so I'll be seeing them not once, but twice next week!

Eeek! Does anyone know what time the official car park closes?
I'm hoping to stay behind on the Wednesday just in case (unlikely!) I get a chance to see/meet the band. This could mean hanging around until 01.00 or later and I don't want to be locked in the car park! :shock: :shock:
In case anyone else ever needs this info.....

The car parks don't close. I was hanging around to see the band until well after 01.00 but checked with the officials on the way in :wink:

Loads of people took cameras but we were frisked and bag-searched on entry. I think they're fine so long as they don't have enormous lenses!

There are plenty of places to eat/drink in the vicinity. Food/drink in the arena is very expensive. £4 for a cheeseburger!

Definitely a no-smoking venue throughout and no re-admission should you choose to go outside.

Did you enjoy the show ?
Did you stuff on greasy burgers or opt for the posh sit down restaurant?
.......after all the hanging round did you meet Muse ??
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.