Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
we stayed at three corners st george last year, very clean and fantastic food AI includes cocktails as well, we've just booked to go back this year
Hi! We are staying at the Jaz Mirabel Beach resort (through Thomson) in Sharm this year. The resort looks GORGEOUS and reviews on Tripadvisor are nothing short of excellent. Can't wait! Good luck with your decision and have a great time.
I am wondering just that too .... trying to book for a family of 5 in August. Trouble is nobody seems to do family rooms or suites to accommodate 5! I have read som many reviews I am totally lost!!!! I really want to go to either the Coral Sea Resort (for which I haven't read a bad report) or the soon to be opened Holiday Village but these are First Choice Exclusive resorts and they won't fly out on a Saturday, which is when we have to go!!! Aaagggghhhh! So far no luch with trying to find out where/if I could book accommodation directly ... any ideas anyone?

For what we want (proximity to beach for snorkeling and a good pool complex, ideally with a slide or 2) my options are narrowing down (within my budget ... just!) to Hilton Sharks Bay, Concorde El Salam or possible Oriental. Does anyone have any comments on which of these may suit our needs best? A pool and beach bar serving drinks and snacks included in the AI is also a must.

Thanks (ps ... hope this may help you too onesl1fox)
You can upgrade to A1 at the sonesta beach resort and its 5 * thomson do the double doubler rooms for families that fit 6 guests in, loads of room with their own private beach. Cheaper if you book with portland.
we have been to hilton sharks bay three times and loved it. may,june and september.food good especially breakfast,theme nights very good.rooms very comfortable and clean with free safe and fridge,aircon and sat tv.drinks very good until 2am! red wine good ,white and rose not so good.beer very good and spirits( i had gin or vodka hubby had brandy) soft drinks proper coke ,sprite or fanta.sunset bar,near beach, did freshly made rolls and hot dogs and crisps lunchtime while the restaurant nr the pool did a bar-b-que upstairs full buffet! you could not go hungry.nestle ice creams,tubs or cornettos. the staff were brilliant.shuttle bus into naama bay cost £3.00 return each and i think the last bus was 11.30pm.snorkelling off jetty was fantastic. our son and his girlfriend(25 and 20) also went and had a great time.they did the pyramid trip,bedouin night,jeep safari and swimming with dolphins.i would like to try another hotel for a change but think if its not broke dont fix it!
these are prices today for hotel on travel republic, i'd try thompsonfly for flights, not sure where you're flying from, dates or age of kids so couldn't chesck them for you, hope it helps

Nubian Village Hotel
Nabq Bay,sharm El Sheikh
Sharm El Sheikh, Sharm El Sheikh

Sun 12-Aug-07 Sun 26-Aug-07
2 Adults
3 Children 4p. Large Twin (2-5) Sea View
All Inclusive 1,254.83

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Cost: £1,254.83
Deposit Payable Now: £250.97

Oriental Resort Sharm El Sheikh Hotel
Nabq Bay,sharm El Sheikh

Sun 12-Aug-07 Sun 26-Aug-07
2 Adults
3 Children Family (2-5) Pool/side Sea View
All Inclusive 1,285.86

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total Cost: £1,285.86
Deposit Payable Now: £257.17

Al Diwan Resort Hotel
Sharks Bay - Sharm El Sheikh

Sun 12-Aug-07 Sun 26-Aug
2 Adults
3 Children Family (2-6) Pool /desert View
All Inclusive 633.45

Total Cost: £633.45
Deposit Payable Now: £126.69
is that last price per person a/i or have you put the wrong price
no that's the total price for the whole party for the hotel (AI) i copy pasted it straight from travel republic
lardylegs
Friend came back from her 8th visit to Sharm friday - said the Jaz mirabel was the best yet :D
lardybum (Lally!)
Yaaay! Thanks, lally. My sister who has stayed in 5* hotels the world over (she's a bit of a holiday snob!) says the same. Thanks!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.