Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
You appear to be doubly disappointed Wizard, as I would be with no Mythos :yikes
The lack of Mythos is certainly a worry but Alfa is an acceptable alternative, especially since it is served in half-litre, one litre OR two litre glasses (thanks to the Y Pylli bar in Rhodes). I could honestly say that I only had one quick beer before trying to stumble on to the ferry in Mandraki. Those boot-shaped glasses need a bit of practice. They should keep Graham busy later in the year.

http://www.firestation.org.uk/beer.jpg
while were talking drinks.....when I went rhodes last year I tried a sambuka ....had it straight with ice...really liked it....at christmas I wanted to get a bottle....but there was quite a few to choose from...all different flavours...I thought there was only one ...the one I had was clear...any clues...tweetie
Sambuca is italian and there's hundreds of types,try a few but it's meant only to be drunk in shots really as an anisette but i do know people that drink it with lemonade and blackcurrant!

Wizard,such a waste to be going AI in a country like greece as the hotels don't usually include ANY Greek nosh in their buffets etc :(
Wizard,such a waste to be going AI in a country like greece as the hotels don't usually include ANY Greek nosh in their buffets etc

in that case you need to do a bit more research there was more Ionian/Greek nosh than international, excellent salads, superb selection of dips, and more main courses than i could eat,

wizard
easy there mate it was said in empathy not as a dig,no need to imply i dont know what im on about,you're speaking of what,one hotel....

sorry i spoke
It is a waste though, had this discussion before, queueing for sunbeds/buffets/bars (only two drinks at a time .... in a plastic glass etc) Give me a nice Taverna, fantastic barbecue/grill, ice cold beer of MY choice and in a glass er? glass!!!
Drinking beer out of plastic 'cups' is indeed a travesty,especially some of the rubbish they serve you in the A~I places,we regularly go into some of the AI hotels in Faliraki and Kalithea as we have friends on the staff or workin as reps etc and some of the beer in them is undrinkable,one brand being Magnus magister,oh my god....
hi all.....I do like AI...am off to gran caneria for 2 weeks of it in july....but you need to do some homework before booking an AI ...as if if foods bad ect holiday is ruined....last year went Pefkos and highlight of my week there was the lovely resturants serving great food at a realistic price....and the pleasure of the way we were served...when I next want to holiday greek thats where Im going...I loved it....tweetie

ps....off to sicily early november...so will educate myself with regards to the sambuca....didnt know it was italian...thought it was greek
if and when you return to Rhodes ask around for some Souma,if that don't blow your head clean off then the only option you have left is petrol,or semtex,it's really lethal stuff,they make it in various places on the island but the real stuff comes from Siana,right up on the slopes of Attaviros,if you pass through the village in a hire car or whatever then stop off and get a bottle of it,it's pure bottled evil!
i wouldnt go all inclusive if it was thrown in extra, i would rather drink good beer and spirits and choose where i want to eat every night, each to their own
Magnus Magister ????? Isnt he the guy who used to do Mastermind? :offtop
comedy,the same thing gets asked constantly! trust me it's vile stuff,only one up from moonshine!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.