Holiday Truths

For over 24 years holidaytruths.co.uk has been the chosen destination of the savvy UK holiday maker looking for up to date travel information and advice.
Been there and done that! As do several other HT members,one as I recall found out at the airport. In my case Nine years ago I came back
from a holiday and found out from a post here on HT that Hellenic Voyages/Sunescapes
had gone down. I had a holiday booked with them. I had paid thedeposit by CC (again advice on here on HT advised people they should do so) so
my money was safe. Rang the CC supplier and told them what had happened, they
sent me a form to complete and three weeks later the money was back in my
account (including the CC fee) I agree that ABTA and ATOL cover has to be one of thecriteria when booking a holiday – if the TO or Travel Agent has not got them
leave them alone. In the last few years we have had a steady stream of high
profile names go bust – many years ago Rolls Royce went bust, right up to them
doing so my company was trying to get on their approved supplier list.Why do people get caught out? It does seem from some of thestories posted here on HT over the years that in the excitement of booking a
holiday people often don’t read the SMALL PRINT and the ATOL & ABTA logos,
or lack of are ignored. As far as Insurance is concerned according to the press 50%of people often do not bother whilst others only take it out at the last minute
and search for the cheapest which is totally inadequate. Insurance needs to be
taken out at the same time as booking the holiday not the day before you fly. Like many here on HT we have an annual policy and we alwayscheck the policy before we take it out. One year I found a policy offered only acknowledgment
that I was Diabetic (they wanted an extra premium for that) but the very small print
went on to exclude any illness related to Diabetes which shows how important it
is to read the full document.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.