Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thankyou for the lovely post, very informative.

To be honest, this post is really useful, as this year i said we needed to do more things than just laze on the beach and eat lots :rofl
Some nice suggestions....and to add those made in the following thread too

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=114337
Just a quick update on venues folks, matrix and club cabana have now been closed for good, but there is a cool place in baga called "Loungefly" bit expensive but well worth a visit good music and atmosphere, different events on throughout the season, please dont forget also many shacks along the anjuna/calangute had to close at 11pm due to the police curfew after SK murder!!!!!!!!
Probably discovered by now... this website has some good maps of Goa... (just click on any of the beach areas and it will take you to a local map of that area, I find this very useful).

http://www.johnthemap.co.uk/pages/goa/goa_page1.html
Get up early... around 7am and get on a bike (pedal or moped) and take a trip inland for a few hours and watch daily life and birds/animals... very peaceful.

Down South, I used to love going cycling before breakfast and watching life go by... so peaceful.

A lot of people go to Goa expecting nightlife but miss out on the best part of the day.
Hire a mo-ped and travel to one of the more Northern beaches like Mandrem and stay in a beach hut overnight, a great experience. We booked in advance and pre-ordered lobsters, had a great meal, then played cards by candle light. Was lovely to be woken up by the sound of the waves crashing on the shore !! Then another day on the beach !! :sun2
I agree with you about the mornings Big Neil. Most of the time, I get up late when in Goa and miss out the most beautiful time of the day. However, last time I was in Vagator around November, a couple of days I got up early and rode to the beach on a hired Honda motorcycle.... the beach was deserted and in the quiet and peace of the morning, stray dogs lazed on the beach probably after staying up all night barking on the streets, an occasional bird or two circled in the sky and the tranquillity was inexplicable.

Colva was different in the morning, there were more people on the beach, fishermen, and shack workers religiously involved in their morning ablution - it was beautiful as the sky turned blue from a strange mixture of orange and grey"¦

Come January 2009"¦ I am going to experience the beauty of Goa once again"¦.
hi
playing in beach, and take sun bath
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.