General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Years ago I would take a massive holdall for handluggage plus a handbag, but after several holidays of ending up with a sore shoulder and bad back from the weight I now just take a medium sized handbag. The big holdall I used to take only used to get shoved up in the overhead locker anyway and never used anything in it during the flight. Now in my handbag I just take the relevant travel documents (passports, insurance details, tickets etc) money, sweets for the plane, a good book, and a little wash bag with toothbrush & paste, lippy, bodyspray, hairbrush etc. Carry a few paracetamol as well just in case. Might pop a bikini in there this year just in case the suitcases go astray!
For a flight under 12 hours, I just take a handbag with essentials in (purse, mobile, medication, a book, glasses, ipod) but this next one is a 21 hour flight to Australia overnight, so I'm taking a small suitcase within size regulations with a change of clothes for the next day, a jogging suit for the night, a squishee cushion, over night toiletries, and my laptop. When we're checked in, I'll be heading to WH smiths for some books and magazines :)
i generally put in my straightners as I use them before i go.
a pair of shoes :) (so my boyfriend cant moan about the number of shoes in my case)
sunglasses
wet wipes
iPod :)
book
sweets and chewing gum
passports and documents
camera :)
Books, flip flops, undies, towel /small toiletrie bag and make up bag.
documents and passport, sweets and reading glasses, wallet and purse,
paracetumal
fiona
Is it still the case ie; you have to put all electricals in your hand luggage?

last year we took our camera iron etc in our hand luggage and was wondering if its still the same thanks
The only electricals I take, which are my hairdryer and straighteners, always go in my case.
I always pack my jewellery, books and shoes in the hand luggage, along with the necessary documentation.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.