Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I spend a lot of time looking at holiday brochures and Goa always looked interesting to me , I really liked the colourful pictures in the brochures and the fact there were so many palm trees, so decided to take the plunge for Xmas 2005 , fell in love, best decision I ever made :)
It was my other half occasionally mentioning how wonderful Goa was (he had been three times before) and how he would like to take me there.

My first trip with him was February 1999 and our trip in December this year will be my 9th (and second visit this year).
Travelled a few months in North India and when we got back to Mumbai absolutely knackered me and my mate decided to get the overnight bus to Goa for a relaxing month before heading home, the rest is history 8)
A friend of ours had started a new relationship and they planned a trip for Christmas and New Year, my OH asked if they wanted some company and before we knew it we were on our way to Goa.

I was so stressed about being away from friends and family at Christmas that I put my neck into spasm and arrived with a neck brace :yikes , a walk along Baga Beach, an afternoon in a shack and one head massage later I was so chilled out I think I needed the brace to keep my head upright :rofl

This year sees our 6th Christmas/New Year away from home, but not away from friends!
We first went to Goa in March 1999. We wanted to go somewhere special as it was our silver wedding anniversary. We initially booked to go to Israel but Airtours (who we were travelling with) decided to pull out all their flights in December 1998 due to political issues at that time. We could have re-booked with another company but thought that if it was THAT serious, then we would choose somewhere different. Back we went to the travel agent and after much deliberation between Goa and Gambia, Goa won. We still haven't been to Israel or to Gambia - it's been Goa every time since 8) :lol: Best choice we have ever made.
A girl at work had been and raved about it. I wasn't so keen on the idea but my other half really fancied it as we'd done the America and Africa thing. We went for 3 weeks over Christmas 1995 and for the first 3 days we never left the hotel. We then met some friends from the hotel and ventured out to the Infanteria bakery in Calangute. We walked down Calangute main street and I was hooked. We have continued to travel the World since but have always gone back to Goa.
We were looking for somewhere to book for our honeymoon I was looking for either something really special or just the tranquility of the West Coast of Scotland. In 1995 I had no idea where Goa was but it was a prize on a TV gameshow so I decided to check it out. In the same brochure was Phuket and I had no idea how to pronounce that so decided there was no way I was telling my father in law I was going to Phuket for our honeymoon :wink: So the Holiday Inn (had just changed name from the Averina Hotel) Goa it was :) best decision I ever made........well apart from marrying Mrs Jock 8)
No wonder Goa will always have a special place in your heart jock :)
Best wishes lassi
I had always fancied going to India and when in 2001 my company starting paying a bonus I did not want to waste it on day to day bills so put the idea to the other half. Typical man response "OK if you want to" - in other words I don't really fancy it but if it makes you happy.

We were on the transfer coach to Candolim and both thinking "it has got to get better" - it all looked so desolate. Needless to say within 3 days we were totally in love with the place and have been going back ever since. In fact, we were back within 3 months of our first visit! We always go Christmas and New Year and now I cannot think of spending Christmas anywhere else.

We plan to live there in the Winter when I retire in a couple of years.

Candybabe
For me it was a work colleague who raved about the place (I hadn't even heard of it) how friendly everyone was, how cheap it was etc so I had to give it a try. :)

That was back in December 1999 and will be back this December for the 7th time.
Hi all
We first went to Goa in 2000,we had originaly booked to visit Cuba,but the holiday was cancelled by the tour operator.
We looked at the weather in the canary islands,spain,e.t.c and decided the best weather and value for money was the Santiago in Baga.
So off we went and we have never looked back,we never did go to Cuba
I am a bit of a fatelist and belive their is a reason for things.On the holiday we met some lifelong friends all like minded nutters :ghug
We are all going back this November for another reuion cant wait to see them all again.:glynis
Jubileepat and Andy :glynis
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.