Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Hi Briar

Glad your holiday went ok, was reading your report and just curious as to what the landing cards are all about. Can you ask for them on the plane on flight out. Sounds as if they could delay your progress on arrival if you miss them. Are they used along with your passports when you arrive and depart.

Tigerlilly :roll:
Cheers and thanx for your help.

tigerlilly 8)
going to (hotel etc)

What should you put if AOA? :?
:? Dont know that either.

Should I put tour ops details?
Thank you very much for your information about the landing cards, very helpful and of great use to first time travellers to Tunisia this year (ME!).
Are they just a nosey bunch at the airport and hotels or what do they do with all this information!
Is it easy to GRAB a BUNCH of these landing cards or will they just hand us them if we ask!, especially if they are still TEARING them in half by the time we go!
I supose you didn't find out in the mean time, will we be able to have A.C. or fans in the Marahaba Palace at the end of June when we go??
Thanks again.
Thanks for reply, the thought of that heat is lovely, can't wait, great to know the inside of the Marahaba Palace is so cool though.
The reason I was asking about the A.C. in June is, because our JWT brochure says that there is only A.C. in July and August, as our first week of holidays is in June, it would be great if we could hire a fan for just that week instead of bringing them or better again if the A.C. was on if the temperatures are that high in late June.
Do you know is the A.C. centrally controlled or can you control it from the bedroom? Sorry. I know I should be asking these questions under a Marahaba Palace topic.
Thanks again for your help.
Hi Briar,

I had quite a laugh about the landing cards. I was out there last Feb/March for a month and when I went to leave I couldn't find my card. I went through my handbag and finally said "I've been here a month and that is quite enough" so the man laughed and let me through. When I went out again in November and handed in my landing card the man looked at a screen, looked at me and looked puzzled. I suddenly sussed what the problem was and explained what had happened in March which seemed to satisfy him, though it must have been flagged up that I hadn't officially left. :lol:

Regarding AOA, they don't seem bothered as long as you put something in there. I have taken an appartment a couple of times and not known the address in advance, so have simply put in the name of an hotel I stayed in previously. If you book 'flight only' you are given the name of an hotel for one night to get over this problem, though it is fairly clear that you are not expected to stay there. The last time I did this my 'hotel' was somewhere in the desert, accompanied by the info that I may be sharing my room. :lol:
Thank you for all the trouble you go to for every question that is asked, it is much appreciated.
Flying from Dublin on Friday 24th, brochure just says "air conditioning (July-August)"
We love the heat except only; not in the bedrooms at nightime, I think we will take our fans just incase, ( they are such a bulk but have been worth it, when the children are with us) You know the Irish weather we are used to even in the height of summer!!!!! though in Turkey last year we were not allowed use the fans, only rent them from the hotel!!!
The Marahaba Palace sounds like one of the better hotels, especially the location, really looking forward to seeing Tunisa.
Thanks again.
Hi Briar,

I'm looking at going back to PEK at the end of May, we have always stayed in the Kanta but fancy giving the Marhaba Palace a go ......... you mention having a contact in reservations (we have always booked the Kanta direct) ....... would you be able to let me know the best way to get in touch with the Marhaba direct ....... thanks ........ Neal
Hi Briar,

I'd like to get in touch quite quickly as I don't want to lose some potential flights, I've emailed Jette at the Kanta tonight, if you do hear back from your person, please let me know.......... maybe I'll try dropping the MP a line directly via their website. Thanks .......... Neal
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.