General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I've got a kiplimg crossbody bag,it's quite big cos I never have enough room in my case for all my books.
I use a large handbag. It has to be big enough for all my junk (ie make up and books) plus money, tickets and passports. Hubby has a flight bag that I shove the camera, the phone chargers (carry these as hand luggage because I would be stuck if they got lost) and daughter's ds in plus any other rubbish and last year daughter had a small wheeled case for all her bits to keep her amused during the journey. The case broke last year (it was only a cheap thing with "dora" on it which she has outgrown now anyway ;) ) so I have purchased a small rucksack for her for this year which ive no doubt I will end up carrying :roll: .

Ive found the larger the bag, the more I take which is why I stick to a handbag and then everything else has to go in the hold (or boot as daughter calls it :) ).
I have a Nike rucksack that I use everyday for work but it does double duty as my hand luggage. It has plenty of pockets and palces to stuff all the stuff I need for travel with the advantage it can go on my back leaving two hands free.
we are often dictated to by the fact that Rob's hand luggage is the reg's..so they are in a special case. I prefer a rucksack for all the bits of junk I seem to accumulate!
i have a case that just fits ryanairs size limit for hand luggage, so that is all i take.
everything else, including book, walkman, passport etc goes in my shirt/trouser pockets.
job done. :que
I use a rucksack as well as a coat with about 6 pockets. This is fine as long as my wife remembers where I put the passports (my memory crashed years ago). We do quite a lot of walking on holiday so the rucksack is used every day.
I have a kipling bag which is great because it has lots of compartments in it

I quite fancy a smart bag I have seen in River Island which even has wheels on :think

http://www.riverisland.com/Online/women/bags--purses/luggage/black-wheelie-holdall-bag-596233
That's nice ,Shirley but maybe a little bulky as hand luggage,I've got the large kipling anise,can be worn across the body leaving both hands free.
Schoolbag like Backpack with lots of pockets.
Or a big purple zip up shopping bag.
I used a baby changing bag for a long time as it has lots of sections in but last year I got a nice new travel bag, which is a bit smaller.
I got a lovely large bag from Avon last year. It is very trendy.
Holds tickets and all paperwork, all my bit and bobs, books, magazine and everything else that hubby and sons pass to me.
Irene
i bought this Jane Shilton hold-all on e-bay about 2 years ago and I fill it to the top with all sorts. It can get heavy though lol

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/820/img0123uxo.jpg
My friend bought me a new rucksack at christmas, its got a monster's hand looking like its coming out of the zip on it, so I shall be using that and frightening the life out of folk !
Mrs Hi De Hi has a large rucksack that has wheels and a telescopic handle for pulling. We bought it last year from a Thrift shop in Chicago when we found we needed extra luggage to carry home the stuff we had bought. It was bargain and cost $7. As a bonus the previous owner had left inside several pens, an eraser and a couple of pencils!
That's really nice Llindy. You got yourself a real bargain :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.