Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
You should check with the practice nurse at the surgery.
It depends exactly where you are going and what you will be doing

As a base we had to have tetanus, diptheria, polio, hep A and Typhoid.
And also what you have already. There is a variety of injections you should have anyway you might not have had - also you might be up to date without knowing it.

Go see your doctor as they know your history as well - I would never rely on a public forum for medical issues!
have a look at this site. Please also make an appointment with your nurse as Sam said( just had to do that for our next trip :D )
Have never had any jabs in the six years we have been going , but have packed Imodium in case I had the runs and they were needed all six times! :oops:
A Jab for Tetanus, Polio and Diptheria is advised for travelling anywhere in the world(including Europe) I think one jab covers everything and is good for l0 years. Hepatitis A is also now recommended for travelling to most places.
Although anti malaria and Typhoid drugs aren't normally prescribed for Thailand , I always keep the other jabs up to date, but as previous posters said check with the professionals, Better to be safe that sorry.
Was not trying to be a smart ass, Tetanus/diphtheria, polio and measles inoculations should be up to date, what I meant was I did not have an anti Malaria jab, there have been cases of dengue fever reported in Chiang mai but there is no vaccine for that I read.
Been 11 times and never needed immodium...what you eating? :lol:
It's the food or water they wash it in I think (salads), only lasts a day or so until stomach adjusts, the rest of the month I am ok.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.