General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
If it moves hubby will take a snap of it. It it's static hubby will take a snap of it and if it's rare hubby will take a snap of it. At the end of the holiday he has taken about 50 photos, half of which I will delete before processing :roll:
I have a half decent camera which has some interesting features on it - if only I could remember how to use them. :que Most of my pics are of us and our companions having a good time - basically, eating, drinking, or in the pool/sea. I love scenic shots, but there's usually one of us in the pic. I also like underwater pics when snorkelling. I usually take somewhere between 70 and 100 pics in a fortnight, they're uploaded to my computer, printed, then left in packets in a cupboard. :rofl What I love, is when my nephew puts hem on a dvd and puts appropriate music to them - brilliant, and much more of a reminder of what happened than the basic snapshot. :)
I'm a bit like marlou's husband, but end up with a lot more than 50 snaps!
Digital cameras were a brilliant invention, you can just snap away at anything that catches your eye, and delete it later if it's rubbish!
I'd like to be a good photographer, but haven't really the patience to wait for a good shot, or the cheek to push into a better position! Anything that's good is more luck than management, but I treasure them all!
kate
I don't think my photos are very good, but than they are not that awful either. I use my canon compact thats getting dated (I am planning this year to get another one). I tend to take scenery - coastal and countryside, various towns I visit, interesting buildings, myself having fun (yes Tarry is vain), who I am travelling with, some random shots of what I am currently seeing if you get me (ie, I take a photo of what I can see and it brings back memories when I upload them. It has a few different settings on it, the aquaruim one is quite handy in Boulogne Sur Mer in the Nausicca aquaruim there for example.

On my last Ireland holiday I must have taken over 300 photos, oh dear, but than I do like taking photos which figures.
I do love looking at other peoples pics too - hence I like having a nosey around on HT galleries I find places i have never been before, Scotland for example I have never been but the countryside is so beautiful, and the shots taken in the media gallery are stunning.
yes, I agree with you there Miss Pink, it's nice to look at other pictures photos :) I like Scotland, haven't been for a couple of years or so now though.
:offtop I would love to go Tarry - but travellin up there on my own by road puts me off, I guess I could fly of course, and trains and me don't go well - but one of these days I will go, and take some pics of the super scenery too.
Most of my pictures are scenery, animals or buildings. ON my holidays to third world countries I will ask the locals and children if I may take their pictures. Very few people say no even in Muslim countries. I took about 150 when I was in Oman in October but deleted a fair amount.
I took about 400 on my last trip to Australia but got rid of many of them. I don't think much about what I'm taking just snap away, I'm never really pleased with my pictures but I've had some positive comments about them. I have posted a few on the Media Galleries and I like to look other peoples pictures on there.
On the rare holidays that OH and I take together, I don't take my camera. I'm happy to let him do the photography. he's much more interested in it than me.
I had a good Canon SLR with a telephoto lens and used to take all the photos. My record is 29 x 36 exposures (1044) in 2 weeks on a 3 centre holiday. Cost a blooming fortune getting them developed when we got back.

Since going digital, I'm not interested at all and hubby takes all the photos. They are mostly buildings and scenery with the odd one of us.

luci :wave
:offtop yes, it's definetely worth it. We tend to do it in stages when we go up there, I'm from the far South East so it takes 2 days or so to get there.
Hi
We have even stopped taking a camera these days, the last lot we took were too much of a reminder of how old or should I say how young we are :yikes
M
Hi margaretcarroll - hence why I tend to take the pics as opposed to being in them :tup
We don't tend to ever go back to a place once we have holidayed there, so like to get some pics of the resort and the hotel etc.

I do love the digital camera as it allows you to take many photos of one thing and actually get one or two that are any good!

Do find the Americans/ Canadians funny in the caribbean when they walk around the hotel with a video camera doing a running commentary for old time sake! :rofl
I agree, digital cameras were a fantastic invention. I take hundreds of photos on each trip of just about everything. I even take the same thing at different times of the day in different lights, with flash, without flash etc. The duff ones get deleted. When my kids were little I used to take loads of them in various settings but now they are older and don't usually come with us I am more interested in the views and unusual subjects. My hubbie and I joke about various files we have - botanical, vehicles, winter sports, water sports, doorways, holiday cats - the list is endless. I no longer get them printed we just keep them in files and back them up just incase. I have often used them to make calendars, photo books etc.
Most of my pictures are taken underwater and my camera and its accessories are pretty primitive for what I want it to do. Need an upgrade but I dont have a spare £750.
I love taking pictures and like to go off with my camera to look for some good shots. I take two cameras with me, a small digital one which I can fit in my handbag that I've had for years but the picture quality isn't so good, and my Canon D500 which is much better quality for those close up shots. Check out my media for my recent pics I took in the Dom.Rep over Xmas.
I like taking photos of the resort ect but when I come to show my mum she tuts at them ones and just wants to get to the ones of me and my brother how dare she lol
We have a pretty decent camera and we also use our iphones to just carry around all the time. I used to take lots of scenery and shots of interesting things but most of our pictures now are of our girls. I sometimes have to ask my husband to take a photo of me otherwise anyone looking through our photos later would think I hadn't been :rofl
I enjoy taking photos of the Locals, but always ask first, I've also put some in the Media Galleries, and enjoy having a look at other peoples in there.

xx lassi
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.