Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
WHAT TO WEAR
11 Posts
It is down to personal taste. I like to dress up in the evening, but after years of going to Goa, I don;t dress up as much expecially footwear. The red clay/dust really ruins your shoes. so unless it is an evening when we plan to only get in and out of a taxi and to one of the nicer restaurants. I tend to wear smart flip flops etc. Definately not my best ones.

I would say that on the whole people do not dress as smart in the evening in Goa as maybe some other places.

But that is one of the reasons I love it now !!! We have decided to go to Mexico this year and it is an All Inclusive hotel and I am seriously wondering what to take now, as I am used to what I normally wear in Goa. Alot of which I even buy over there
i would say maybe take a nice dress or top and skirt that look good with casual sandals,the red dust does ruin clothes and shoes,but i would only wear them if i were going somewhere like east meets west, may i suggest you dont take white skirts or trousers, they will get ruined, i did notice that most people were very casual in the evening,
adele :)
God Im gonna be lost without my 10 pairs of stilletoes with me!!!!! :que
:rofl :rofl trust me hun, you wont need them,
i bought some nice sandals from the anjuna market for 150rps,they had a wedge heel and looked nice with casual clothes,
Yeah I was thinking of trying to get some stuff over there, but I thought the markets were not open or something like that!!!!! So many conflicting stories.

Will need to get something though, gonna look a bit silly in a slinky dress for new years eve and primark flip flops!!!! :rofl
It is very casual and laid back over there, and we enjoy spending our evenings on the beach in the beach shacks, so your feet are in the sand. It is great !!! :)

There are lots of little shoe shops and places to get nice cheap stuff to wear over there. Some of the things I buy over there I probably wouldn't wear at home, but then when they only cost a couple of quid, it really doesn't matter.
well if the markets arent open you will find someone selling then on the road to the beach,i stayed in calangute and saw the same ones by baskin robbins,
depends when you are going,someone has posted about ingos maybe onen in the new year,and anjuna was on this wednesday,
:que im not sure myself,but you can look around shops here ,matalan have some nice flat ballet type shoes that look dressy,and theres windsor worlds of shoes,

Baskin Robins!!!???? Where I come from thats an ice cream shop..........look a bit silly walking round with cones on ma feet!!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
I think she said by Baskin Robbins but hey in Goa anything goes ;) . I am a shoe person but believe me walking in heels is a No no as said unless you go to east meets west in a cab. I take linen pants & skirts and nice tops or long flowy maxi dresses are good with flip flops to walk on the sandy red dust roads :cheers Dress up with beads ,bangles etc
I've worn a vest and sarong before now to eat out of an evening! Normally its vest and cropped trousers - and flip flops! One of the girls in the shacks got me a plain black rubber pair of flip flops one year - but they were a bit 'hard'.... :rofl so she wore them for a couple of days for me to 'wear them in' :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.