Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Kerrie you can check-in but you don't need to go through security until you see 'go to gate X' on the TV screen. Depending on the size of the airport (ours is small) and we went through about 45mins before take off.
Thanks Glynis
I am flying from Mancester (only ever flown from liverpool and mancester so i dont know what is considered big) suppose it is though :think .
I can check in and put the cases away( stuff like that cant i??) And then stay on that side.
I just dont want to be a TOTAL RATBAG to my hubby and kids because i am having withdrawal symtoms ( believe me i am a ratbag when not getting my nicotine :rage ) Dont want to spoil anything for them :(
I dont think there is anything to do in check in is there?? All bars,shops and other things are through security arent they??
Thanks for your help
Kerrie
Sorry i have posted this before but forgot whereabouts on HT That i put it :whoops
I meant to ask you on my last post, I have been told that spain has lifted the smoking ban ( dont know if thats true or not) If so does that mean you can smoke in reus airport?? Anyone know true this rumour is :think
Kerrie
just come through reus airport on saturday and it is non smoking but the good news for you is most of the bars allow smoking in and around salou just odd ones dont allow it what we do is check the bags in then go outside for a fag
I dont think there is anything to do in check in is there?? All bars,shops and other things are through security arent they??

I don't know Manchester airport that well - have been through it twice ( :cry - too big for me and they were really slow checking us in) But there's definitely places to eat and drink this side. (We were so slow to be checked in that we had to go straight on the plane so missed everything through security).

When you get there go straight to your check in desk and get rid of your bags. Then stay this side so you can pop out for a ciggie but keep your eye on the TV monitors and go straight to gate when requested as you may have a long walk to get to it.

Also keep an eye on the security queue as when we were at Manchester airport not only were they slow checking us in but the queue for security clearance was across the airport and to the front door :duh

I've just come back from Gerona airport in Costa Brava Spain and we could smoke once through check in at the outside tables (took drink with us etc).
Thanks everyone for your replies :kiss I feel much better now and have calmed done abit :tup
Thanks again
Kerrie :glynis
Have you checked with Manchester Airport if there is a special smoking area airside? Last time I went through Terminal 2 there was one just by the entrance to the boarding gates. It's worth telephoning them perhaps as I don't think it features on the website. Or perhaps you could pm DAZBO who is a super fella who works as a photographer at the airport, and who is a regular contributer to the Flights and Flying part of this forum.
Thanks Alsacienne
When did you last travel from mancester was it before the 1st July (smoking ban came in then) I will take your advise and have a look for DAZBO.
Thanks again
Kerrie
Depending what terminal you are flying from,some gates are quite a walk so give yourself plenty of time to get to the gate.My friend nearly missed her flight as she left it right to the last minute to come inside the terminal,then discovered she had a 15 minute walk!.
I will probably go through at least an hour before ( imagine if we missed the plane :yikes ) I wouldnt even take the chance. Off to the chemist for me to buy the nicorette only messing ciggy :duh I dont even know what terminal we go from yet, Is that on tickets or will it be on the paper work that i have?
Thanks for everyones replies
Kerrie :tup
Who are you flying with Kerrie ?

Kath x
Hi Kath
We are going with thomsonfly. Does it make a difference what time you have to go to the gate with each company you fly with :que
Kerrie
If you are flying with Thomson they use Terminal 2.

It all depends on the aircraft and when the comapny want you at the gate. Your usually board about 45mins before take off but as I say this can vary.

Kath x
Thanks Kath
I will make sure i have it all planned on what time to go through as soon as i get there Or should i say hubby will. There is no way on this earth i will let us miss the plane (just have to smoke like dot cotton while i can) :smokin
Thanks again
Kerrie :wave:
Dont know if this will help but when I went to Canaries I chewed the nicotene gum and it really too craving away, might help to have some in your bag. I had one going ito airport and one on the palne and didnt want a ciggie at all for that time.

Goodluck

Sally
Thanks sally

I went to the canaries a couple of years back and i took the nicorete inhaler
it sort of worked fine on the plane but i could still smoke in the airport then so i had probably had my nicotine intake for the day before i boarded :rofl

I am going to take the inhaler again :tup

Thanks for the reply

Kerrie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.