Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
you say you will arrive in BOM 0310 and are asking what to do. Are you waiting for another flight?
Well the flights are either 5.25 (which I have been told is too early as I would not get the flight) and the next one that I can see is 12.00midday. So would you stay overnight and get the plane on the 30th? What would we do in the airport for 9 hours? Just what would you do.

Thanks
I still don't know what you're talking about?

Are you flying somewhere else from Mumbai?

Which terminal is it that takes 3 hours to get to another - and where is the other terminal.
As Hudo is posting on the Goa discussion board I assume that:

a) They are p[lanning on making a domestic connection for onward travel to Dabolim on an internal flight,

b) Need to make their way from the International arrivals in one terminal to Domestic departurs in another as someone arriving here at Heathrow or Gatwick would?

SM
I would imagine that 3 hours is normally enough time between flights but could be a bit tight. . The bus between the two terminals only should take 15-20mins, but they only run every 30 mins, and there could be a hold up, luggage sometimes can take ages to come off of the plane but other times it can be quick. Travelling in India can be frustrating with all of it's hold ups. I have only transfered between the two terminals once and all ran smoothly. I wouldn't want to be sitting around on the airport for a huge amount of time, though at one time you weren't allowed on to some Indian airports more than three hours before your flight. I personally would check in to a hotel to avoid a prolonged airport visit, if 3hours isn't enough time.
Hopefully some of the India / Goa regulars will be able to give you some more meaningful up to date help as it is a number of years since I last travelled through India.
You can spend a day in Mumbai but remember the hotels can be really expensive. We had only one clear day in Mumbai, Our hotel did a good rate for a driver/guide to do a 4 hour tour which was really interesting. It was good value but I was aware that you can get cheaper taxi tours. We just couldn't be bothered wasting time trying to find the best one. The trouble with your time is that you are very unlikely to be able to check in right away and if you have been long haul this may be a bit of a killer.
SMa wrote:
As Hudo is posting on the Goa discussion board I assume that:

a) They are p[lanning on making a domestic connection for onward travel to Dabolim on an internal flight,

b) Need to make their way from the International arrivals in one terminal to Domestic departurs in another as someone arriving here at Heathrow or Gatwick would?

SM

Well said SMa, not sure what those 2 comments were about?

As you said, anyone orientated towards Goa would know exactly what was being discussed :que

Hudo, from 20 years of doing that connection, I really would have thought over two hours is enough time? Especially at that hour.Yes, Bombay never sleeps, but it does at least go a little quieter!
Just keep telling everyone you have a connection at 5.25am........ make a nuisance of yourself if you have to, and you will be fine.

To sit around till midday would be daft :)
[Well said SMa, not sure what those 2 comments were about?

As you said, anyone orientated towards Goa would know exactly what was being discussed
/quote]

I think it happens when someone searches on 'View new posts' or 'View unread posts' and doesn't notice which forum the message was posted in. I've done it myself myself before now!

SM
Last time we went through Mumbai en route to Goa, we missed the connection because of the time it took to get through immigration, collect cases and get to the domestic airport. It took nearly three hours, the bags alone took one hour to appear on the carousel. Everything went wrong - some people can do it in an hour and a half but you're at the mercy of things beyond your control.

We had to wait for a 2pm flight when we should have left at 5.25am. All I can tell you is that we read, walked about about a bit, listened to music and got thoroughly bored. You don't really have time to make a trip into Mumbai unless you're doing a day or two there.

There are a couple of cafes and decent seating but it's a pain!
We have gone through Mumbai at least 3 times now and it has never taken us as long as 3 hours to get from one terminal to the other. Maybe we have been lucky.

They usually let you know at the shuttle coach transfer desk how long you have to wait until the next bus and if it's going to be 30 minutes you could get a taxi to the other terminal instead. As well as having to wait the for shuttle bus, they can often take 20 minutes or more to travel between the two terminals so a taxi may be quicker.

How long it takes you in the immigration queue is the luck of the draw unfortunately.

If it was me, I would book the 5.40am flight to Goa and hope for the best. We use http://www.cleartrip.com
We once missed the flight with Jet to Goa (due to snow delaying take off in UK) so we got the next one and just kipped on a sofa in the domestic terminal...it soon passed.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.