Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Is that quote for 1 week cos I think it is a lot, I am going for 2 weeks in April and the cost is £1300 in a double sea view room and extra leg room on the flight, I appreciate the time of year makes a difference but over a grand each, wow !

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk
sammiii wrote:
been quoted just over £6,000 for 5 of us,
:yikes :yikes I too find that a lot!
Hi sammiii welcome to HT and the Egypt forum :wave:

Because you are going away over Christmas and the New Year it is going to be more expensive, however that does sound a bit pricey!

Which company is that with and is it for one or two weeks? what dates can you go from and from which airport(s) and must it be the Tropicana Sea Splash or have you considered other hotels?
Hi sorry, its for 2 wks, departing Birmingham on Dec 20th with first choice. We are open to changing the hotel, just wanted some sort of entertainment for kids, got 3 teenagers. Thanks.
I guess you have at least two rooms there & it is directly over xmas and new year so maybe £1200 per adult is not too bad for a fortnight's AI in what is presumably a 5* hotel with a water park, and no doubt includes the 'gala meals' - make sure it does as otherwise there can be compulsory supplements of up to £100 per person in some hotels for xmas day, new years eve etc.

In terms of when to book, that is always a difficult one, but if you have your heart set on a particular hotel and are restricted as to the days you can travel, I would say once you have a price you feel happy with book and then do not keep re-checking the price.

One Easter I was watching the price of a holiday to Sharm most days hoping for it to come down a bit, logged in one morning and the the London flight had disappeared off of the First Choice screen, rang them up in a big panic and it had 100% sold out ! :(

I also wanted a specific hotel and was restricted to only one of two dates on which I could fly out.

Doe :sun2
thanks for the advice doe, will check on the gala dinners, it does look like a lovely hotel, we were torn between all the waterpark hotels, as i wanted the kids to have a good time, we usually go to lanzarote over new year, and hire a villa, so have never done the all inclusive hotel, but decided i would like a rest this year and let someone else cook and wash up ;)
Another tip, if you want champagne on New Years Eve is to buy a bottle in your UK airport shop to take with you as it is mega expensive out there, i've seen some dreadful prices quoted like £120 a bottle - l would go without at those kinds of prices !

Doe :sun2
Yes, totally agree with doe regarding the champagne. We stayed in Sharm over New Year 2007, and out hotel was charging £130 a bottle!! Thankfully, I got wind of this before we went, bought a bottle at Gatwick and took it on as hand luggage.

Pat
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.