General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Was chatting to someone on holiday about when our holidays start. :cheers Is it when you book the holiday, at the departure airport, once checked in, when you've landed, arrived at the hotel, etc....?

For me its when I lock the back door..... :tup

How about you?? :think
Louise
mine is waking up the morning we fly out... oooh the excitement! :tongue
hmmmm our starts this year the second the kids leave to go to school and we go the airport! there staying with granny this year!

i think generally ours start the morning on the day we fly, but get excited when we get to the airport..
When I get there or when I start to travel up there :)
Our holiday starts as soon as we have locked the door and in the car on the way to the aiport? Only 12 more days to go.

julie am :sun2
we start to chill out when our cases have been booked in, only thing is we get that giddy we end up spending a fortune at the airport, we had better start saving for airport now and we dont go until next april but we cant moan we have already been to mexico and jamaica this year and no we are not loaded but a one off
get giddy when we set off for the airport, then once i'm sat in my seat on the plane i want to get off, then once up and level i'm giddy again,
Stated earlier that the hol starts for me as soon as we get in the car and head to the airport but I don't totally relax until I've unpacked at the hotel. Then it's just 2 weeks of total enjoyment :cheers ;)
Just bumping up this topic in case any new members would like to contribute.
For me it is also when I have unpacked that I can really relax and get into holiday mode, only then can I stop panicking about what I might have forgot!
For Hubby he is in holiday mode the minute he finishes work, he leaves all the worries to me!
The very second I finish work, it's always take away the night before we go, usually have an early flight so brekkie at the airport. Guess what I do for a living?..............Cook!
mine has started now and i'm not going until august holiday paid for sorted out the toileties sun creams new towels cos they are lighter than the old ones . My holiday starts as soon as i close the front door behind me and i'm on my way to the airport. depending on time of flight i have a few bevvies, look forward to my inflight meal . In saying that tho i dont really like flying , i love being at the airortand seeing the plnes come and go , but as soon as they call my flight i fill up and get nervous butterflies.
Im going on august 5th, so my countdown and holiday puchases will be in july.

When im in that taxi going to manchester airport..thats my start of my hols, my flight is at 6.20am, so it will be brekkie at the airport. followed by a few glasses of wine. then a walk around duty free, and maybe a few bottles of perfume purchased,then to wh smith for 2 magazines normally fashion ones.but I cant settle to we land at malaga till my case comes around on that carousel,that for me is the most stressful thing about the holiday. maybe this year Il be stressing if this volcano carries on cos Il then be frightened to fly, and Im not normally a nervous flyer. :cheers
once ive locked my front door and jumped in the car for the airport
Mine is going to start Tuesday (27th) April about 5am when I get up, will realax more when taxi turns up, then a bit more when we get to the airport, and even more after we check in then........................HOLIDAY WOOOO HOOOOOOO :sun2 :rofl

By the way I am going on holiday - not that you would notice at all :rofl
My holiday will start on the 2nd of May sunday (staying at the Raddison Hotel at Manchester Airport )
Fly at 7am monday 3rd.Will enjoy my chill out at the Raddison.Up at 4am Monday a short 5 min walk to terminal 1.
:rofl :sun2
Mine would have been starting next sunday (may 2nd) as we should have been going to Crete but we had to cancel due to moving house & we couldn't afford to do both :( . We're going to try & book up for Kos for next year though (been 3 times already & would love to go back). So as soon as next years holidays are on sale & we know if we can afford it then the holiday will start as soon as the deposits are paid!! :rofl :rofl :rofl
When I walk out of work for the last time before we go :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.