General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
This Easter was our first time from T2, and I didn't fancy any of the restaurants in there and wanted to go back to my familiar T1 - it's dead easy, you just check your bags in at T2 and then there's a moving walkway all the way to T1, it takes about 15 minutes if you stay on the moving thingies, but if you 'turbo-walk' on them it takes about 8-9 minutes :lol: It's a covered glass elevated tunnel and very bright and nice. As you enter T2's check-in, (facing the check-in desks) the bridge is on your left. It goes through the bus and train station and past a nice hotel. Just keep following the signs and you won't go wrong. If you're not sure just ask the check-in clerk when you drop your bags at T2 and they'll point you in the right direction. Just make sure you allow yourself plenty of time. We checked in 3 hours before the flight, went over to T1 for a meal and by the time we got back to T2 we only had about 20 minutes to browse the shops there before boarding.
Anyway, going off topic now :offtop so, any more ideas about starting the holiday in style?
Hi all, as already said, it's gotta be when those suitcases dissappear at check-in. It always seems to be me who is responsible for passports/tickets etc and I always cop for the heaviest suitcase. So once we're checked in, my duties are over, I'm then on Holidayyyyyyy!!!

Mark 8)
I also have my milestones
Booking
Paying
Updating my holiday clothes lists
Buying clothes :D
Getting the suitcases out
Ordering the holiday money
Ironing and packing
Finishing work

But I think it really starts for me when I get up that morning and get in the car to go to the airport , we allways seem to have early morning flights so we all go for our breakfast after we have checked in .
Even though we've had quite a few holidays abroad now I still get really excited (but I'm an excitable person )
The moment I turn the key in the lock of the front door and climb into the taxi :-)

SM
Mine is usually when we get in car to drive to airport, I always sing 'we are going on a summer holiday' :roll: I know very sad :D and drives my other half mad :lol: :lol: but this time we have booked into hotel night before flight, so we can start it a day earlier :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D
The holiday only really starts for me once I'm in the apartment and can start relaxing. All the transfers and hanging around airports bit before that I could quite happily skip (if only someone could invent time travel!). Love my holidays but even the flying bit is only a necessity to be endured sometimes in seats just that little too small with legroom just that little bit short. However, I too have to put my hands up to starting the occasional dodgy rendition of 'summer holiday' in the car but it's only ever after we've landed and are on our way to the accommodation. :oops:
i thought Dr. Who invented time travel in the tardis!!!!!!!
My holiday starts the moment i shut the door of my cafe the day before we go! No more serving up brekkies and bacon sarnies for a whole week and no more smelling like a chip pan! Drive home with radio full blast and a smile on my face!

Sally
my holiday starts when i've arrived and checked the room and unpacked- only then can i relax and look around( and this is usuallu after findinga supermarket) goin AI this year.
My tickets have come!!!! :pele
There's another milestone gone.
17 sleeps now! :D
:sulk got 21 weeks to go drama queen, so unfair.
I usually start to relax a little bit after we've checked in and we get a drink in the bar, which depending on the time of day we are leaving will be a cup of tea or a G&T! But I do find I'm watching the board etc. to make sure we are on time.
My holiday truly starts when I get off the plane at the other end.

I go to Portugal in 5 weeks time and then in 15 weeks time we head of on our trip of a lifetime to China & Hong Kong :D
:wave
My holiday starts
when I have finished work
stripped all the beds
completed all the last bit of washing and ironing
cleaned all through the house from top to bottom
all the cases are locked and hand luggage complete

:yipee transport arrived and door is locked

After all that I need my :swear holiday

Kazee :wink:
When I'm sitting in our car or the taxi outside the house, repeating the mantra 'passports, tickets, money', 'passports, tickets money' over and over again in my head. :shock:

For some bizzare reason by that point I am so demented, I feel that if I have these three items nothing else really matters. Even though I actually have a car full of suitcases, hand luggage, children, etc :P
I suppose I better answer seen as it's my thread! :)
Not really sure when mine begins!
I'm a self employed painter and decorator and i finished a 2 week outside job a week early so I've had this week off around the house (or if you've been reading my other threads frantically looking for SWIM EAR). We go away saturday(tomorrow) and we've only just packed!!!
We never pre book seats so I'm always a little anxious but I think as soon as I know we're sat together my holiday starts! Although I think it's started now as I've had a little Jim Beam!

Anyways see ya in a week

Lee
doepsmc

try it the other way round - "passports,money,tickets" like I do - because it's the only time you want to have pmt!!

If I've got "pmt" on travel day everything else will be ok !! :D

caroline
Have a fab holiday Chivas

kazee
have a great holiday chivas69 glad u got your swim ear in time for your hols.
well my hubby goes mad as i get excited as soon as we have booked our holidays he doesnt get excited til we are by the pool and having a mythos!! miserable sod!!! i wish i could be that laid back. i like others fret all the way there that i have forgotten something and i dream for weeks before we go that i get there and my underwear is still at home needless to say i always pack it first just in case!!! lol!

lindsay.
When hubby turns off the water and we lock the front door sust 64 days and 9 hours and I'm off to Santorini.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.