General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
:rofl Will have to meet up when we reach 80 Brian and have a boogie :tup
We will probably all be somewhere in Folkstone 'tea dancing' together - or possibly 'head banging' together if we are trying to cling on to our youth (metaphorically, I dont mean clinging on to a 18 year old :rofl ).

Is there an 'up north' version of Folkstone ? Perhaps I will have to come up and meet you all up there in 20 years time God willing.
Doe, why not cling onto that youth literally too? I can recommend it! :rofl For dancing purposes only of course ;)

SM
doe wrote:
We will probably all be somewhere in Folkstone 'tea dancing' together - or possibly 'head banging' together if we are trying to cling on to our youth (metaphorically, I dont mean clinging on to a 18 year old :rofl ).

Is there an 'up north' version of Folkstone ? Perhaps I will have to come up and meet you all up there in 20 years time God willing.

Whitby's close by so we could meet up there but not to tea dance as that's not our era ;) It'll have to be the head banging or disco type dancing :cheers

Wonder if we'll be able to get to on the floor (or more importantly back up again) when having another shot at :-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK37txJFrKk
What do you mean 'When !' - 'Sir' is there already !! lol
I will admit to a bit of head bagging whenever I hear Status Quo music, I realy do want to go rocking all over the world
I enjoy a bit of head-banging! :rofl

I hope I can still sing on the karaoke
when I'm older too!
You lot speak for yourself :rofl . I can still party with the young and prefer their music. Bring on Kanye, jay-Z and a bit of Rita Ora for me .. you can keep your tea dancing :rofl .

Funny tho how us girls that are knocking on the wrong end of forty gather in a big circle when the 80-'s classics come on as though we are dancing round a huge pile of invisible handbags.
modern dance for me is still Jive... but the OLD witch gave up dancing about 4 yrs ago... difficult to jive with oneself
I still wonder about the clothes, will I find myself in M&S looking at slacks? Will the younger generation when they are in their 70/80's still wear their trousers half way down their bums? :yikes
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
I still wonder about the clothes, will I find myself in M&S looking at slacks? Will the younger generation when they are in their 70/80's still wear their trousers half way down their bums? :yikes

I'm worried that I will no longer be able to wear four inch heels or knee high boots :rofl and if anyone ever finds me looking at polyester slacks, just arrange to have me put down Glynis :D
I will know I have past it when I start wearing shorts with sandals and white socks pulled up to the knees, that is me past my sell by date :(
No offence to anybody if they already do that (Brian / Glynis) :D

I can picture all the 70 & 80 year olds having a 'SAGA Foam Party' :tup
Says the man whose avatar is wearing knee high socks :rofl
I'm nearly forty-four and still mosh with the best of them at rock gigs, did so as recently as a couple of weeks ago to Muse at the Shepherd's Bush Empire, War Child, gig! Hope to still be 'at it', jeans and all, for as long as my two favourite bands keep performing! :tup
I'm sure you will Pippy :cheers

So there we'll all be in our late 70's in our jeans bopping away with the youngsters sat watching thinking 'aww bless 'em' :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.