Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi, laptops should be carried as hand luggage - they will be scanned at security separately to any other hand luggage carried. Dont dream of putting it in the luggage you check into the hold!!
the lap top will be classed as one peice of hand baggage for one fare paying passenger a second bag [makeup goodies books etc will not normaly be allowed

see the hand baggage thread in the airports and flights forum for latest updates on what you can and cant take

wizard
Wizard is correct on the one piece of hand luggage rule.
Do what I do and take a large(ish, but still inside the limits) laptop case as hand luggage with all my other goodies - camera etc in there with it.

Ady
ok thanks for the advice on that looks like i will be taking it as hand luggage then just one thing , does anybody know if i can still use my mobile phone if its in flight mode on the plane? i have asked this before but luci one of the HT mods said this is not allowed?
thanks
courtneelouise
Hi CourtneeLouise

No, you can't use your phone in flight mode on the plane, it's not allowed. Each time I have flown recently they have made it part of the safety announcements now.

Kezzabelle
Switch your mobile off and leave the laptop at home - you are going on holiday!!!!
Switch your mobile off and leave the laptop at home - you are going on holiday!!!!

Each to their own I say. There might be good reasons why people need to keep in contact with home whilst on holiday.
Each to their own I say. There might be good reasons why people need to keep in contact with home whilst on holiday.

and thats what internet cafes, interent access in the hotel/bar etc is for...

If you are so important that work need you to be taking a laptop on holiday with you, then you aren't being paid enough, no matter how much you get !
:lol: ......... well mine stays at home....... when i'm on holiday I don't even think about it, to be honest......... :wink:
If you have your own business then it's a little harder to let go whilst on holiday unfortunately.............Each to their own :wink:
Well im home now had a great holiday! never took my laptop in the end - too much fuss with the airport ect. still took my phone but didnt bother with it on the plane !
thanks
courtneelouise
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.