Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi there Leyland Lass!

My daughter has just returned from a cruise on the NCL Jewel which called at Stockholm. She tells me that the boat docked quite far out and would indeed have been a 10-15 minute tax ride. When you get off the boat and go through the cruise terminal, the taxis are right there. There's also the Hop-on Hop-off buses and a water taxi/shuttle. Also, there's a blue painted line on the pavement which you can follow for about a 10 minute walk through the port and it takes you to a bus stop for the local buses. You do need Swedish Krone for that (coins I think) as the tickets were from a machine. Don't know if you can buy tickets from the driver.

My daughter and her husband chose to walk into the centre (a strolling pace took well over an hour but was through pleasant park land and along the water front) so I can't help you with prices, I'm afraid. She just strolled around the town centre which has a lovely Old Town (be warned - there are few public toilets and you have to pay for those even in MacDonalds or the Tourist Office - again Swedish Krone coins required).

She had a great time - I hope you do too!
We were on the NCL Jewel on the July 16th sailing and like the previous poster, docked way outside of Stockholm.

We took the option of following the 'blue line' to the local bus stop (about 10 minute walk). You need to buy the tickets in the cruise terminal (don't think you can buy on the bus). The cost was around £5.00 per person return.

The Ice Bar is very near to Central Statioin in a hotel (can't remember the name). Pick up a street map at the cruise terminal and follow the bus route and get off the bus as near to Central Station as you can.

From there it's an easy walk to the Old Town. The hop on hop off bus was around 30 euros each.

We loved the itinerary and the ship, have a great time. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.