America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
You dont say your budget,if you liked the theme parks,you could look at going to LA,We stopped at Buena park in the holiday Inn with virgin holidays much quieter than anaheim.Could go to the orignal Disneyland which is really good knotts berry farm right up the road which the hotel takes you too,the hotel runs trips to san diego,O.C. part of LA,city tours if you dont want to drive.if you want to spend time at rodeo drive and have a good look at the stars homes you may be best to hire a car to see that.

My Favorite US city is new york if you stop near central park you could take the kids to the museums and the shopping maybe not so much to keep the kids occupied in NY,also expensive to stop in manhatton for a family i think, also niagara falls in reach for a long day trip if that intrests you.

hope info helps,have a lovely time where ever you go.
Take a cruise from Port Canaveral or try Miami & The Keys. :)
Are you planning on driving/touring or staying put?
1 week in Orlando and 1 week in Clearwater was always my summer holiday. That might be worth a try.

Also enjoyed Panama City Beach on the panhandle.
probably stay put in 1 place but husband will drive around
How about San Francisco? There's loads to do both in and out town - Alcatraz, Angel Island, Aquarium, Tiburon, Sausalito, Muir Woods, Sonoma Valley
Agree about San Francisco and the surrounding area.

My kids both liked Las Vegas. Even if you don't gamble there are some stunning sights in the hotels and plenty to keep them amused.
Its also within striking range of the Grand Canyon (about 250 miles) but plenty of people offering light aircraft/helicopter trips, Death Valley aslo not too far away though whether its very pleasant in August is debatable.

San Diego is another place with its Zoo Legoland Day Seaworld and Trips into Mexico and plenty of other stuff.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.