Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Do you have a name for the villa - sounds like its nearer the commercial centre rather than up the hill at the Europa.
I've written my favourite places to eat on the thread 'eating out in puerto rico'. Hope that helps
yeah the villa is the villa bahamas and it is at the foot of the hill so to speak i know we can get a taxi to the europa centre but are there nice bars and restraunts nearby that we can visit for the first few days and how far are we from the europa
IF you are only 2 mins from the beach you will be within walking distance of the Commercial Centre where you will find a huge number of bars and restaurants, there are more along the seafront and the marinas.

You will need to get to the Europa centre by bus or taxi. The bus will cost 90 cents one way but you will probably need a taxi to get back as the last bus is before midnight. Taxis cost approximately 3.30 euros one way. They will only take 4 passengers so you will need to take 2 of them. Its not a great distance but the hill is not really walkable as it is VERY steep.The journey will only take about 5 minutes as most of the drivers think they have entered the Grand Prix!
You are at the other side of the beach to the marina suites etc but thats a nice stroll before dinner along the beach to the parade of restaurants near marina suites. As i said - look at the thread 'eating out in Puerto Rico' thread.

Or you are just as near the main commercial centre
thanks everyone for you quick and detailed replies one quck question are we far from san augstin we stayed there last time and might want to visit some of the bars and restraunts we went to for one night or two
you are about 15-20 mins in a cab from San Augustin
when we stayed there wife me,and son (15) at the time we went to the shopping centre in the middle and found linekers bar the most expensive just up from there is jokers they do two for one drinks most night voddy red bull for two euros then dont know cost now but steer clear of linekers, good all you can eat chinese at the back of the centre up stairs near chez funny boy bar and lennons bar 1 euro a pint in there :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.